Asus Zephyrus

I was wondering for the people who bought the 1080 max q version back in 2017 or 2018 if they suffered any QC issues with it?

Not that I head of reading up on them on Notebook Review forums. With that said though, I suggest you get it from a reputed reseller to get that extra quality control. I recommend HIDevolution and choose "Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut + Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads" in the laptop configurator as that will great decrease temps which is much needed in thin and light laptops such as the Zephyrus. See: Custom Built ASUS ROG Zephyrus M GM501GS-XS74 - 15.6" FHD 144Hz G-Sync w/ nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

20 minutes ago, Ultra Male said:

Not that I head of reading up on them on Notebook Review forums. With that said though, I suggest you get it from a reputed reseller to get that extra quality control. I recommend HIDevolution and choose "Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut + Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads" in the laptop configurator as that will great decrease temps which is much needed in thin and light laptops such as the Zephyrus. See: Custom Built ASUS ROG Zephyrus M GM501GS-XS74 - 15.6" FHD 144Hz G-Sync w/ nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Would you recommend this over Alienware 17 r5 running Gtx 1070?

4 minutes ago, Lifelessgamer122 said:

Would you recommend this over Alienware 17 r5 running Gtx 1070?

Performance wise, they'd be the same. Would I choose it over the Alienware? No. One, because I am an Alienware fanboy and love their products and own an Area-51m right now but that's not just blind fanboyism, I like Alienwares because of their superior build quality, superb warranty where you can simply call Dell any time before the warranty expiration and upgrade the warranty by up to 3 years in addition to the 1 year that you get with the laptop and that's on-site support meaning the downtime for you is minimal as they will send you a technician to your home to fix or replace the laptop if needed. so go with this: Alienware 17

I've also owned the Alienware m15 recently, what a superb little beast, so small with excellent battery life yet packs tons of power under the hood

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

5 minutes ago, Ultra Male said:

Performance wise, they'd be the same. Would I choose it over the Alienware? No. One, because I am an Alienware fanboy and love their products and own an Area-51m right now but that's not just blind fanboyism, I like Alienwares because of their superior build quality, superb warranty where you can simply call Dell any time before the warranty expiration and upgrade the warranty by up to 3 years in addition to the 1 year that you get with the laptop and that's on-site support meaning the downtime for you is minimal as they will send you a technician to your home to fix or replace the laptop if needed. so go with this: Alienware 17

I've also owned the Alienware m15 recently, what a superb little beast, so small with excellent battery life yet packs tons of power under the hood

I keep hearing that Alienware 17’s R5 running gtx 1070 are all overclocked. Is that true because I checked the description on amazon and it doesn’t mention it. Does it mean that I don’t have to manually tune it/ overclock it? Does it affect the GPU’s longevity in anyway?

7 minutes ago, Lifelessgamer122 said:

I keep hearing that Alienware 17’s R5 running gtx 1070 are all overclocked. Is that true because I checked the description on amazon and it doesn’t mention it. Does it mean that I don’t have to manually tune it/ overclock it? Does it affect the GPU’s longevity in anyway?

That's just a marketing gimmick. Any GPU is overclockable.

If you overclock the GPU Core by 100 MHz and the GPU Memoery anywhere between 150 MHz to 200 MHz you'll be totally fine.

Here's an example of how easy the Alienware Command Center makes this overclocking process:

2019-05-31-001010.jpg

ff.jpg

6 minutes ago, Ultra Male said:

That's just a marketing gimmick. Any GPU is overclockable.

If you overclock the GPU Core by 100 MHz and the GPU Memoery anywhere between 150 MHz to 200 MHz you'll be totally fine.

Here's an example of how easy the Alienware Command Center makes this overclocking process:

2019-05-31-001010.jpg

ff.jpg

Does it affect the gpu’s lifespan in anyway? 

43 minutes ago, Lifelessgamer122 said:

Does it affect the gpu’s lifespan in anyway? 

Not if the temps are in check., As long as you ensure that the overclock you've done isn't causing the GPU to overheat then it's fine. Every CPU and GPU has a little bit of headroom for overclocking. Now, if you do get it from HIDevolution, ask them to put Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on the CPU and Phobya NanoGrease Extreme on the GPU. Conductonaut is the best liquid metal out there for the CPU and NanoGrease is the best non metal thermal paste suitable for both CPUs and GPUs and has excellent performance and heat dissipation. By doing that, you can drop CPU temps anywhere from 15-20C and GPU temps by up to 10C!