Which monitor?

Pat0711

Hi I'm new here but I am having trouble deciding which of these two monitors I should get because both have good reviews. Viewsonic xg2402 or the Asus vg258qr?

Note that It's my first time upgrading from an old 60hz monitor to a 144hz, I'm fine with 24'' 1080p for now thanks!

Probably the Asus, but I'd recommend getting one with a VA/IPS panel these both are TN.

8 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

For a 144hz monitor I would look for a monitor with a VA or IPS panel that has an actual (not manufacturer advertised) response time of less than 7ms and brightness over 300 nitts. For reference I think this is the best 1080p monitor you can get:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KXHTRT5?tag=rtings-tv-cm11b-20&ie=UTF8

Hmm, how about the pixels? A lot of people don't really recommend 1080p at 27'' also it has some issues?

Just now, Pat0711 said:

Hmm, how about the pixels? A lot of people don't really recommend 1080p at 27''

I used a 1080p 27” you don’t really notice it. You can just push the monitor a little further back if it’s bugging you. I think brightness, color accuracy, and contrast are more important. when I used a 27” 1080p monitor at a reasonable distance I never thought it was fuzzy.

39 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

I used a 1080p 27” you don’t really notice it. You can just push the monitor a little further back if it’s bugging you. I think brightness, color accuracy, and contrast are more important. when I used a 27” 1080p monitor at a reasonable distance I never thought it was fuzzy.

Hmm well, I saw one at my local malls. Might give it a try without having to order it lol but thanks for the suggestion!

17 minutes ago, Pat0711 said:

Hmm well, I saw one at my local malls. Might give it a try without having to order it lol but thanks for the suggestion!

No worries man! If you don’t like it just return it ;)