Can I replace the screen on my Thinkpad X260?

I recently bought a Thinkpad X260 and I'm pretty happy with it, except for one issue: I got the 1366x768 display. It's not a bad display, but I really, really want the 1080p one. Where can I buy an OEM display and how do I install it? Thanks!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I suppose you could get a problematic 1080p version on eBay (with a good display, of course) and replace the old one.

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

I think I wouldn't be hard to change it, I've seen some people doing that with the T430, it should be similar. Ebay should be your best bet to find it

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Where can I buy an OEM display and how do I install it? Thanks!

Buy the panel off of panelook and use the Hardware Maintenance Manual to install.

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/x260_hmm_en_sp40j47622_02.pdf

http://www.panelook.com/B125HAN02.2_AUO_12.5_LCM_overview_26732.html

If you don't want to wait half a year for it to ship, you can get panels on Amazon.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

@LukeTheCoder05 I feel like that would be more expensive and more work than replacing just the display, but thanks anyway

@IgorM Yeah, but I also see people saying the sizes are different and I might have to buy a new "case" for the screen

@DildorTheDecent ^

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈