Evo 212 Bracket doesn't seem to fit my LGA 2011

Context

I can provide pictures if needed, but I tried the orientation and position shown in the manual, as well a host of other combinations (about 9). I then looked online and everything seems to say the standard EVO 212 will fit the 2011, or at least the recent versions. I just bought this cooler so it should be the newer version. Does anyone have any specific advice on what to do, or how to confirm if my version of the Evo 212 might actually be a much older version?

I have Hyper 212 Evos from years ago on 2011 systems. Not really much to go wrong. Put the correct fittings on the socket frame. Heatsink on, adjust the X piece so the screws go into the fittings, and that's about it. Might have to adjust the exact placement of the screws but it does fit. Have a practice fitting the X without heatsink?

I'm assuming you have 2011 square mount, the long mount I don't know if it will work on.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Indeed, I have been only attempting it with pre-fits.

There are three screw locations, three places the x has locked orientation and it can slide into the cooler two ways. I have tried almost all of these except the obvious fails.

20190529_174955.jpg

1 hour ago, Context said:

That's the narrow ILM. Most coolers do not support that type of ILM. You'll need a different heatsink.

https://www.servethehome.com/narrow-ilm-square-ilm-lga2011-heatsink-differences/ 

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/design-guides/xeon-e5-1600-2600-4600-thermal-guide.pdf

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

@DildorTheDecent Thanks.

/me shakes fists at the Mobo documentation which has no mention of ILM whatsoever.

4 hours ago, Context said:

@DildorTheDecent Thanks.

/me shakes fists at the Mobo documentation which has no mention of ILM whatsoever.

Maybe because you can see its not square?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv