Need advice for airflow improvement

Arikel0
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
1 hour ago, Arikel0 said:

i just  put in dissable turbo in the bios and this is the new max of voltage

Edit: I dont know how set the right ammount of voltage, id you have a summis guide will be apreciated.

There's no need to disable turbo. 

In the Ai Tweaker tab, disable Asus Multicore Enhancement.

When you scroll down in the same section, you can set CPU Core Voltage to Manual Mode. There's a box that shows up where you can input the voltage setting. As mentioned, you can try 1.1v first. https://youtu.be/ioxDMAe2sPs?t=939

Afterwards, press F10 to save settings and reboot.

Try a stress test like OCCT to test for stability and load temps. If it crashes, you can raise the voltage a bit to 1.15v and try again. Higher voltage can help increase stability but also raise temps so the optimal setting is as low as possible while maintaining stability. If you're unlucky, it may require going up to 1.2v but your temps should be lower than when the voltage was at 1.357v

Hello all. I just finished to build a PC with my old components. But. I'm worried about airflow because my temps are realy bad in stress test with prime95. 

I need ideas because I don't know why my temps are so high without overclock. 

I have 2 fans in the cooler. Cooler master 212 with 2 jetflo 120. 
I have 4 case fan. One rear. One on top( 2 exhaust) and 2 intake in the front of the case 

Hardware list:
Asus sabertooth z87
i7 4790k
Ram 4x4 Kingston hyper x with 2 jetflo 120
Cpu cooler hyper 212 evo
VGA r9 270x with accelero twin turbo III
Case: urban mid tower thermal take
Fans: 2 shark 120 mm. And 2 stock case fans ( no idea of the name)

Photos here :https://imgur.com/a/0mhvHdP

Hello all. I just finished to build a PC with my old components. But. I'm worried about airflow because my temps are realy bad in stress test with prime95. 

I have 4 case fan. One rear. One on top( 2 exhaust) and 2 intake in the front of the case 

Hardware list:
Asus sabertooth z87
i7 4790k
Cpu cooler hyper 212 evo

All fans intake and only the back exhaust, positive pressure will help a lot .

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

3 minutes ago, Constantin said:

All fans intake and only the back exhaust, positive pressure will help a lot .

pressure does nothing for temps you're thinking of dust

11 hours ago, Arikel0 said:

Hardware list:
Asus sabertooth z87
i7 4790k
Cpu cooler hyper 212 evo

Prime95 can be pretty hot for a synthetic stress test.  What are your temps?  They may be fine all things considered during stress testing (if they are under 90 C they are likely okay).  My 4790k would hit 85-90 C under certain stress testing in warmer months, but stays under 60 C while gaming.  Noctua NH-U12s cooler.  I haven't overclocked it so I really don't worry about stress test temps because it's not a "normal" use case.

What are your temps while gaming?

Looking at the pics, your bottom intake is pushing through the HDD cage.  Switching to a pressure optimized fan will help a little.  Because of this I'd switch the top to intake as well, keeping the rear fan as the only exhaust.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

• Don't use P95 with Devils Canyon. Just don't.
  • What are your actual temps?
  • What is your voltage? Devils Canyon CPUs were known to draw more voltage than needed when voltage settings were left on auto.
  • Top fan should be exhaust and located on rear place.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 5/28/2019 at 10:31 AM, RAS_3885 said:

What are your temps while gaming?

Playing Shadow of the tomb raider at 25 C° room and after 3 hours, are arround 70 C°temps.PNG.a4ed4c13b497cb9449cb533055bbdb6a.PNG

56 minutes ago, Arikel0 said:

Playing Shadow of the tomb raider at 25 C° room and after 3 hours, are arround 70 C°

Those temps are totally fine.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

12 hours ago, Arikel0 said:

Playing Shadow of the tomb raider at 25 C° room and after 3 hours, are arround 70 C°temps.PNG.a4ed4c13b497cb9449cb533055bbdb6a.PNG

Your max voltage is way too high. That's max voltage you should have with heavy OC. Setup manual or adaptive voltage to something like 1.12-.15V if you aren't overclocking.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Your max voltage is way too high. That's max voltage you should have with heavy OC. Setup manual or adaptive voltage to something like 1.12-.15V if you aren't overclocking.

I never, NEVER, touch an option in the bios, or something for overclock.

How can i set manual the voltage?

2 hours ago, Arikel0 said:

I never, NEVER, touch an option in the bios, or something for overclock.

The issue comes from everything left as auto. It's issue with chipset, and quite common with never Intel chips.

2 hours ago, Arikel0 said:

How can i set manual the voltage?

In BIOS, in same menu where you can set clock speed. It's core voltage or vcore. Set that from auto to manual and set amount to 1.1V (should be default) or 1.15V to be sure its stable.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

The issue comes from everything left as auto. It's issue with chipset, and quite common with never Intel chips.

In BIOS, in same menu where you can set clock speed. It's core voltage or vcore. Set that from auto to manual and set amount to 1.1V (should be default) or 1.15V to be sure its stable.

Thx, ill let you know if everything is cooler afther that

6 hours ago, Arikel0 said:

Thx, ill let you know if everything is cooler afther that

hwmonitor.PNG

Edit: I dont know how set the right ammount of voltage, id you have a summis guide will be apreciated.

There's no need to disable turbo. 

In the Ai Tweaker tab, disable Asus Multicore Enhancement.

When you scroll down in the same section, you can set CPU Core Voltage to Manual Mode. There's a box that shows up where you can input the voltage setting. As mentioned, you can try 1.1v first. https://youtu.be/ioxDMAe2sPs?t=939

Afterwards, press F10 to save settings and reboot.

Try a stress test like OCCT to test for stability and load temps. If it crashes, you can raise the voltage a bit to 1.15v and try again. Higher voltage can help increase stability but also raise temps so the optimal setting is as low as possible while maintaining stability. If you're unlucky, it may require going up to 1.2v but your temps should be lower than when the voltage was at 1.357v

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.