weirdest coil whine ever?

FXie

Hello, I recently bought a gaming PC, completely  from newegg, but the weirdest thing ever happened to me, I hear weird coil whine from the GPU  on IDLE only!!

when I load any game,the noise simply disappear!!

and if I remove the gpu the sound is also gone.

I know usually coil whine happens on full load, I tried different stress tests.. no noise at all.

what do you think the problem is ? is there a solution ? (I can't rma anymore).

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Processor (up to 4.1 GHz).~EVGA CLC 240MM Water Cooler.

Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming Motherboard.

Asus Geforce RTX 2070 Strix OC.

LG 32GK850F-B 144Hz Freesync 2/HDR (Gsync Compatible).

Gskill Ripjaws 2x8Gb Of DDR4 Ram@3200Mhz.

Samung Qvo 1tb SSD.

Corsair HX750watts 80+ Platinum PSU.

Can you locate from which part does the coil wine come from?

Coil wine matters from which part it is coming so specify the part buddy!

Just now, ManosMax13 said:

Can you locate from which part does the coil wine come from?

from the GPU, like it starts when I press the power button, before the system even get to the post screen!

if I remove the gpu, the noise would disappear.

Just now, FXie said:

from the GPU, like it starts when I press the power button, before the system even get to the post screen!

if I remove the gpu, the noise would disappear.

Can you play around with some of the gpu settings like voltage clock and fans and see if that will help

Just now, ManosMax13 said:

Can you play around with some of the gpu settings like voltage clock and fans and see if that will help

I tried tuning up the fans to 100% I tried automatic, I tried low speeds, it doesn't matter at all,

while IDLE, the clock is stable, no spikes or anything, and when the clock gets to the max speed, or just a little bit of load on the gpu even csgo makes the noise go away

4 minutes ago, Rony101 said:

Coil wine matters from which part it is coming so specify the part buddy!

sorry edited the post, GPU.

2 minutes ago, FXie said:

sorry edited the post, GPU.

Man check the GPU fan, under no load that's like something interesting happening in u r rig man the power supply or it must be some other fan

1 minute ago, Rony101 said:

Man check the GPU fan, under no load that's like something interesting happening in u r rig man the power supply or it must be some other fan

I did, I tried stopping every fan in the PC for like seconds xD,

i tried different gpu fan speeds, tried everything man..

nothing works, the moment I turn on my pc, the noise appears 

1 minute ago, FXie said:

I did, I tried stopping every fan in the PC for like seconds xD,

i tried different gpu fan speeds, tried everything man..

nothing works, the moment I turn on my pc, the noise appears 

Then something is wrong in the ball bearing of the GPU fans under no load they must've loosen up and under high load they must have been thighten 

Just now, Rony101 said:

Then something is wrong in the ball bearing of the GPU fans under no load they must've loosen up and under high load they must have been thighten 

never thought of it that way, I'll see what I can do thanks !!

Try to cap the fps. I know my gtx 1080 makes coilwhine like crazy in Halo at 250fps.

If your GPU is rendering the desktop at 200fps, and dropping to a lower fps underload it would make sense.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

It's quite in game that's what driving me crazy, the coil whine starts when I turn on my pc, the second I press the power button.

Had the same issue on a old AMD64 on the board, ended up running those apps, where you crunched numbers for science, hehe stopped when i started paying my own electricity bill, but the pc was running 100% constantly so no whine

I've got a PSU that coil whines under no load, I can literally hear the mouse when I move it around on the screen through the PSU. It's whined through several different systems so I know it's the PSU. The fix is sadly to just live with it or use a different part. For your Video card that doesn't sound like an option, you could try reaching out to the manufacturer directly, they may have a longer warranty than the newegg RMA window but may not consider coil whine a defect for warranty, try anyway. Failing that if you can pin down the exact component on the board that's making noise you could try to isolate it to dampen the sound or have an electronics repair shop replace the component. 

On 5/27/2019 at 10:31 AM, Bitter said:

I've got a PSU that coil whines under no load, I can literally hear the mouse when I move it around on the screen through the PSU. It's whined through several different systems so I know it's the PSU. The fix is sadly to just live with it or use a different part. For your Video card that doesn't sound like an option, you could try reaching out to the manufacturer directly, they may have a longer warranty than the newegg RMA window but may not consider coil whine a defect for warranty, try anyway. Failing that if you can pin down the exact component on the board that's making noise you could try to isolate it to dampen the sound or have an electronics repair shop replace the component. 

sorry I took long, I removed the PSU out of the case and powered on the PC, aaand It's the psu, I can also hear the mouse when I move it around, same as your problem.

unfortunately I can't RMA this anymore, hope corsair's warranty thing wouldn't take long tho, didn't contact them yet.

thanks for your help !