PC Not Booting From Any Removable Devices.

I can't get this PC to boot from anything. I turned on USB support and put my bootable USB in and it just booted from the hard drive. I made sure that the USB was the first in the boot order but still nothing. I Put in a DVD-rom drive and set that to the first in the boot order and put in a Windows XP reinstall DVD and it still booted from the hard drive. I took the hard drive out and disabled that from even being a boot option and it just said "System Halted! No Boot Device Found". Before It says that the system was halted, the DVD drive sounds like it's trying to read it but it can't. The underscore just sits there and blinks. I tried it with another CD-R and DVD-r drive combo and the same thing happened. Some times the PC just randomly bluescreens too which is why I'm trying to get a fresh install of windows. Before you ask about what the bluescreens say, they go by too fast and I can't read it.

Both methods I list below assume you are using UEFI boot, not BIOS...

Method 1:

Can you access the boot menu (I assume you're using UEFI)? This is different to accessing the BIOS/UEFI settings. On most motherboards it is accessed by mashing F11 (or F12) whilst booting. Once the menu is displayed, choose a device from the displayed menu.

Method 2:

From within Windows, press and hold the Shift key and click the “Restart” option in the Start menu or on the sign-in screen. Your PC will restart into the boot options menu. Select the “Use a device” option on this screen and you can choose a device you want to boot from the displayed list.

5 minutes ago, Blai5e said:

Method 1:

Can you access the boot menu (I assume you're using UEFI)? This is different to accessing the BIOS/UEFI settings. On most motherboards it is accessed by mashing F11 (or F12) whilst booting. Once the menu is displayed, choose a device from the displayed menu.

Method 2:

From within Windows, press and hold the Shift key and click the “Restart” option in the Start menu or on the sign-in screen. Your PC will restart into the boot options menu. Select the “Use a device” option on this screen and you can choose a device you want to boot from the displayed list.

I got into the boot menu, but I don't know what key it was because I spammed everything from F8 to F11 since F12 is for a network boot. I'll try the DVD-R now

5 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

What kind of PC is it? Do you have a motherboard model or PC model #?

1 hour ago, Blai5e said:

Method 1:

Method 2:

Its a Daktech computer. I don't know the model of the PC but I know the motherboard model. Also, I got a new message. I know the DVD is bootable, I've used it on other computers

IMG_1165.JPG

My bad, I got that code probably because I tried it with a CD-R drive only and not a dvd-r drive. I'll swap them out now and try it