Is there anyone know why ifixit can’t be connected in China?

nomi

Here’s the problem, both www.ifixit.com and zh.ifixit.com aren’t available now, and safari said the server couldn’t be found, but jp.ifixit.com can be connected , is there anyone know what happened?

C291D1FC-92DA-4266-A3DB-4096DE1EB390.png

My English is really poor, forgive me please!

Servers might be down, or your internet provider block those specific sites.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

14 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Servers might be down, or your internet provider block those specific sites.

But there is no reason ifixit should be banned, since it doesn’t have any sensitive contents......

Just now, nomi said:

But there is no reason ifixit should be banned, since it doesn’t have any sensitive contents......

Then the servers are probably down.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Then the servers are probably down.

Hope so, I really need it to repair my Xbox one, also I want to check out the MacBook Pro 2019 teardown.

It's china do they need a reason to enhance the great firewall

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

zh.ifixit.com works fine from the states.  Try using a different dns, like 1.1.1.1

Also, how did you find Linus Tech Tips without youtube?  Their Bilibili channel?

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

On 5/25/2019 at 3:07 PM, Fez_Boy said:

zh.ifixit.com works fine from the states.  Try using a different dns, like 1.1.1.1
Also, how did you find Linus Tech Tips without youtube?  Their Bilibili channel?

I have already heard Linus since I was in junior high school. There was no Bilibili channel back to 6 years ago ( I’m a senior high school student now), and only a few videos was translated by Chinese fans of Linus, so I jumped for joy after hearing that an official channel of LinusThchTips was registered in Chinese video websites like Bilibili and Youku. Actually his Bilibili channel gives us a chance to learn more about LMG, and it helps Linus to win a lot of new fans in China.

It works! It is so kind of you to help me, thanks a lot!

44CDD3A2-392F-49F1-99F3-6EF9C83C3B8A.png

948E13C2-7753-48F1-B954-C4BA0D4E15BB.png

On 5/25/2019 at 2:05 PM, Yoinkerman said:

It's china do they need a reason to enhance the great firewall

You do know Chinese companies and universities use vpn all the time for them to make cheap knock offs, sell/do bussiness overseas, reverse engineer/steal foregin technology and what nots right? The ban is mostly for Chinese mainstream consumers and proffesionals who need access to foregin websites have access to vpn services. 

On 5/25/2019 at 1:04 PM, nomi said:

Here’s the problem, both www.ifixit.com and zh.ifixit.com aren’t available now, and safari said the server couldn’t be found, but jp.ifixit.com can be connected , is there anyone know what happened?

The website isn't banned. For it to be banned, it must be 30 days consecutive error messages. Use a laptop to access the site instead. iPhone and safari sucks. 

问题是iPhone和safari,用用你的电脑。

Sudo make me a sandwich 

13 minutes ago, wasab said:

The website isn't banned. For it to be banned, it must be 30 days consecutive error messages. Use a laptop to access the site instead. iPhone and safari sucks. 

问题是iPhone和safari,用用你的电脑。

I changed my DNS, and connection is correct now.

1 hour ago, nomi said:

I changed my DNS, and connection is correct now.

DNS error? I thought apple was blocking the website so you can't repair the phone on your own and must use their repair center. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

I love how some people jump to the Great Firewall instead of offering sound advice. Glad to see it was a DNS issue and @Fez_Boy was able to provide a correct answer. 

I do recommend in the future, whenever you have network issues to always try an alternative DNS, as well as a VPN if you can. I know things can be a bit odd in China, but those 2 main tools have helped me troubleshoot a lot of networking issues in the past.

Sometimes nothing worked, even though DNS was fine, and VPN failed too, and it was just a gateway (router) restart that was needed. That's not a bad test either for the future.

Good luck with your repair, and happy computing!

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

13 hours ago, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

I love how some people jump to the Great Firewall instead of offering sound advice. Glad to see it was a DNS issue and @Fez_Boy was able to provide a correct answer. 

I do recommend in the future, whenever you have network issues to always try an alternative DNS, as well as a VPN if you can. I know things can be a bit odd in China, but those 2 main tools have helped me troubleshoot a lot of networking issues in the past.

Sometimes nothing worked, even though DNS was fine, and VPN failed too, and it was just a gateway (router) restart that was needed. That's not a bad test either for the future.

Good luck with your repair, and happy computing!

Thanks a lot, and I’m glad to see so many kind foreigners helping me!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2019 at 2:31 PM, nomi said:

You act like China thinks it needs a reason to ban things xD