PlanetSide 1 is going free to play starting in April

TopWargamer

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/24/5343336/planetside-1-goes-free-to-play-when-soe-all-access-pass-rolls-out

In a FAQ posted to the Sony forums, the developer said it would offer the massively-multiplayer first-person shooter for free to everyone when the All Access pass program rolls out "on or about April 2, 2014." It noted that there is no further development on the game.

So this game is going free to play once SOE's All Access pass goes live. (The All Access pass costs $15 a month and gives you access to all of SOE's games.) I've never played PlanetSide 1 before, so I think I'll give it a go. This is great for people who can't run PlanetSide 2 well enough, or for the people currently having problems getting the PlanetSide 2 Launchpad to connect to the SOE servers to play the game (which is my current issue, so I will probably play PlanetSide 1 until this gets fixed for me).

SOE has to expect both the All Access pass and PlanetSide 1 going free to play on or around April 2, 2014.

COMIC SANS

I tried Planetside 2 because a lot of people were like crazy into it and I found it really boring. People said that graphics are awesome but even on ultra it was meh.... I think that I will stick with Arma II & III because I disliked gameplay of this game. But I see why other people like it, its just not for me.

I'm gonna play Planetside 1. Planetside 2 is good but I think Planetside 1 is still the better game. Do we know any details. Like has it been adapted to a free-to-play model or is it staying the same as in there won't be a store and the inventory is the same.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

waiting for continent locking and BI to be added, so we can finally stop using indar as a big ass deadmatch arena 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I dont mind planetside but i just dont like the recoil pattern of the guns 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

waiting for continent locking and BI to be added, so we can finally stop using indar as a big ass deadmatch arena

I completely agree

I'm gonna play Planetside 1. Planetside 2 is good but I think Planetside 1 is still the better game. Do we know any details. Like has it been adapted to a free-to-play model or is it staying the same as in there won't be a store and the inventory is the same.

What I heard was, they aren't going to change anything from now until they shut it down. That includes not adding any microtransactions or "premium" content, but if there happens to be any bugs or lack of balance remaining they won't do a single thing about it. Basically they said "we're done with this game" but either have some kind of contract forcing them to keep the servers up, or they just don't have anything better to do with them until they release more new games.

What I heard was, they aren't going to change anything from now until they shut it down. That includes not adding any microtransactions or "premium" content, but if there happens to be any bugs or lack of balance remaining they won't do a single thing about it. Basically they said "we're done with this game" but either have some kind of contract forcing them to keep the servers up, or they just don't have anything better to do with them until they release more new games.

That is good to hear. I will definitely be playing this game then. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard