Can I use an Android phone or a Raspberry Pi to help my main computer processor?

Go to solution Solved by Gadrane,
Just now, RuiFPB said:

And if it was an x86 computer would it be possible?

You’d still need some way to make the computers communicate without effecting each other’s performance. I’d imagine it might be possible in theory as you can have multiple CPU on one board and multiple GPU in SLI for instance.. however I’d doubt it’s something that would ever be developed as the use cases are small to non existent 

I always wondered if there is a way to use an ARM based system (or an x86 based system) as something like a 'second processor' for a computer. I don't know if there is a way to do that, but it certainly would be interesting.

I have searched the web, but I can't find a way to do something like that, if you guys could help be it would be great!  

No.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Nope, no other way to put it. For one thing the two use different instruction sets so even if somebody were to attempt to create something to allow this, I don’t see how it would be feasible

2 minutes ago, Gadrane said:

Nope, no other way to put it. For one thing the two use different instruction sets so even if somebody were to attempt to create something to allow this, I don’t see how it would be feasible

Just now, RuiFPB said:

You’d still need some way to make the computers communicate without effecting each other’s performance. I’d imagine it might be possible in theory as you can have multiple CPU on one board and multiple GPU in SLI for instance.. however I’d doubt it’s something that would ever be developed as the use cases are small to non existent 

1 minute ago, Gadrane said:

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, RuiFPB said:

only in very specific use cases like a render farm or cluster computing but these are not things that would be beneficial to a regular consumer

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒