i need a 50 pin male to male or extension cable

LamoidZombieDog

Long story. i need a 50-Pin IDE Type (see picture) cable. basically i need about 40" or something like that of it. ive found from china 2 female to female cables 50cm long each. but thats only 19.6" and i cant find an adapter to connect the 2 female ends to make one long cable. at first i ordered a ton of 40 pin stuff before luckly catching i needed 50 pin so i had to cancel all of it. if someone could help me find (preferbly on ebay) either a male to male 50 Pin adapter to link the 2, or one really long female to female (i have to connect a male plug on the device to a male plug on the PCI Controller) 50 Pin cable that would be great! ive looked everywhere and can only find these 2 packs of 50 pin female to females 50CM.. thanks1753981863_s-l1600-2019-05-17T164441_008.thumb.jpg.96c80aed239ef13cf8c06b3350facbc2.jpg

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Just cut of 1 female and replace it with a male connector:

maleribbon.jpg

Just now, Dujith said:

Just cut of 1 female and replace it with a male connector:

maleribbon.jpg

and how can i go about doing that i am not going to be able to get a chart and try to solder all of it together. i just need some adapters. idc if i have to buy a 2$ part off a sketchy ass website but i will if needed

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

2 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

and how can i go about doing that i am not going to be able to get a chart and try to solder all of it together. i just need some adapters. idc if i have to buy a 2$ part off a sketchy ass website but i will if needed

U wont need to. Ribbon cable connectors are simple todo. Just slide in the cable and you press the plastic together (the connector has little knives that slices into the cable.

Only thing you need to pay attention to is pin 1 which is marked (on cable and connector)

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2019 at 5:41 PM, CodeNova said:

ive ordered a 2 pack of 50pin female to female cables from china on ebay for 12$ 

would it be possible to get this same part on ebay? this company Digi-Key as most small companies like this want 8.99 to ship this their recomended method, or as im now seeing 4.99 to ship this first class, even know shipping me 2 of these would cost 2.69 first class tracked or 1.15 first class mailing untracked. where as a chinese seller on ebay would be free shipping? i couldnt find the name for it ont he page so didnt know what to look up