hard line vs soft tube

benefits other than reliability and looks when going with a hard line vs soft tube custom loop?

2 minutes ago, MJG said:

benefits other than reliability and looks when going with a hard line vs soft tube custom loop?

Nope. Aesthetics only.

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

Zero benefits beyond looks. I would gander than Soft is actually more secure compared to hardline and costs are significantly less with Soft Tube compared to hardline. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Zero benefits beyond looks. I would gander than Soft is actually more secure compared to hardline and costs are significantly less with Soft Tube compared to hardline. 

Really, how so? I figured that hard line would be more durable. That is great to know

Just now, MJG said:

Really, how so? I figured that hard line would be more durable. That is great to know

Hardline tubes and fittings have a tolerance on them and sometimes they dont quite fit up properly. Also, just look at Bitwit and his Hotline build where his hardline tubes fell out of his GPU and spewed everything everywhere. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

? just all over the place, even got on the floor

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

haha thats a damn shame, I did see this video when i was half asleep before probably why i didn't remember it

Well acrylic tubes don’t absorb liquid like hard PETG or soft tubing but they are also hard to bend and build with.

Soft tubes will absorb color over time, and some soft tubing will leach plasticizer. Tubes that leach plasticizer can gunk up blocks.

PETG hard tube will stain slightly and it's comparatively dull for a hard tube, it'll also have chemical reactions with Ethylene Glycol coolants (how severe depends on the composition of the coolant). It also allows a bit of flex in the lines.

Acrylic plays nicely with just about all coolants and doesn't stain as much as PETG, but it's brittle and hard to bend.

Borosilicate Glass also plays nicely with about all coolants, doesn't stain, but it's also brittle. It's very hard to bend, most people will basically need to use fittings for the bends.

With Acrylic and Borosilicate, just don't go swinging hammers in your case and you should be fine.

ALSO, you can use copper and plated brass tubes.

Copper tubes will work with any copper loop and any copper compatible coolant (basically all of them), it's easy to bend with the correct size bender, and looks good polished.

Electroplated brass tubes typically aren't made to be bent, and you need to make sure your coolant is compatible with brass.

Edited by Drak3
Forgot the metal tubes

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

13 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Soft tubes will absorb color over time, and some soft tubing will leach plasticizer. Tubes that leach plasticizer can gunk up blocks.

PETG hard tube will stain slightly and it's comparatively dull for a hard tube, it'll also have chemical reactions with Ethylene Glycol coolants (how severe depends on the composition of the coolant). It also allows a bit of flex in the lines.

Acrylic plays nicely with just about all coolants and doesn't stain as much as PETG, but it's brittle and hard to bend.

Borosilicate Glass also plays nicely with about all coolants, doesn't stain, but it's also brittle. It's very hard to bend, most people will basically need to use fittings for the bends.

With Acrylic and Borosilicate, just don't go swinging hammers in your case and you should be fine.

ALSO, you can use copper and plated brass tubes.

Copper tubes will work with any copper loop and any copper compatible coolant (basically all of them), it's easy to bend with the correct size bender, and looks good polished.

Electroplated brass tubes typically aren't made to be bent, and you need to make sure your coolant is compatible with brass.

Thanks, you def educated me alot here

Dont petg and soft tubing also dislike uv lighting?

If thats your thing, something to keep in mind.

the biggest advantage of soft tubing is its flexibility, it is very unlikely that people change the cpu after assembling the loop but with soft tube you do not need to even drain the system to change CPU or even MB.

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

On 5/21/2019 at 2:43 AM, MaratM said:

the biggest advantage of soft tubing is its flexibility, it is very unlikely that people change the cpu after assembling the loop but with soft tube you do not need to even drain the system to change CPU or even MB.

awesome, thank you... im so indecisive its not even funny