Amazing Real-Time PhysX Water Simulation

Nicktrance

I think many of you would agree physics simulation of fluids in games is still very difficult to do and never looks quite right, no matter which game engine. PhysX is hoping to solve this problem using Position Based Fluids.

Fun Fact: the above demonstration is running in real-time on a GTX 580, that's some impressive performance on what will be probably be mainstream level performance by the time this makes it to actual games.

Source: http://physxinfo.com/news/11109/introduction-to-position-based-fluids/

Whats up forum!

Came across this awesome video of the new way of simulating water in 3D rendering, based on obstacles on the way, physical form of container and pretty much as close to real physics as it gets! Looks really really mazing, imagine a pirate game or some military submarine/battleship action... Sweet!

This is Bad Ass  :D

CPU : AMD FX-6300 Black Edition | CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Case : NZXT Source 220 | GPU : Asus GTX 770 | HDD : Western Digital WD Blue 1TB | MoBo : ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 | PSU : CORSAIR RM750 | Ram : Kingston HyperX XMP Blu Red Series 8GB

As computing power increase real time physics will come..

Awesome to see that we now have something that improves on the software side.

Also nvidia PhysX is destroying AMD! 

Best regards Zahlio,
Unity asset developer - Game developer (http://playsurvive.com) - Computer Science student

Finally a water rendering technique that looks better than Morrowind did back in 2001! It only took 12 years guys! :P

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Sweet looking water simulations! Hope they will add these features in future games. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Please make some kind of effort to avoid duplicate news; if you had bothered to even skim the first 5 titles or so before you posted you would realize there is already a thread for this, and there is one going on in General Discussion as well.  Please, it takes 10 seconds to skim the titles of the first page in the news section before you post.

duplicates.png

Please make some kind of effort to avoid duplicate news; if you had bothered to even skim the first 5 titles or so before you posted you would realize there is already a thread for this, and there is one going on in General Discussion as well.  Please, it takes 10 seconds to skim the titles of the first page in the news section before you post.

duplicates.png

yea This has been happening alot lately. Hope the mods/admins will be able to control these double threads.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

duplicates.png

Actually I had posted this several days ago, before the forum migration, I found some more info and videos which I found interesting and added in a new post in the same thread.

Yeah actually this one was first lol oh god mods please help :P

And in regards to the topic, it actually looks pretty cool. I hate how water looks in most videogames.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

they are missing the correct water properties, basically water "bounces" on water, and they didn't impliment that yet.

This looks really amazing, however it will probably be a long wait to see this sort of water in games.