Computer has issues turning on after turned off

I got my first desktop recently and I was really excited, but one day I was raging a little to hard at a game, and my desk was hitting the wall plug for my computer(I had a desk with wheels at the time) and I started to see sparks coming from the outlet. Next thing I know my computer froze, and the first thing I did was unplug it, but when I tried to turn it back on It wouldn’t power on. Eventually It did. My guess is whatever happened somewhat shorted my computer. It still runs perfectly normal except for maybe a stutter every hour or so but that’s it. The only issue is it doesn’t turn on when I hit the power button. To get it to turn on I have to flip the psu off press the power button a lot and then try to turn it on(sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t). I was wondering if anybody could explain what happened, or possibly tell me a way I can fix this (if it’s even repairable).

ps. Thank you for those who read this obnoxiously long paragraph I just couldn’t find a way to explain this without telling the full story because I tried to search it on google but even google couldn’t help because of how little I know about what even happened.

the power supply might be hurt....by hitting the switch your basically resetting it.....id say its failing power up checks so is why you have to do that

I'd replace the power lead, if you've rammed into it hard enough for it to come loose in the wall then replacing it would be a good idea. The loose connection could also have damaged an inrush limiter in the PSU.

On 5/12/2019 at 4:48 PM, circeseye said:

the power supply might be hurt....by hitting the switch your basically resetting it.....id say its failing power up checks so is why you have to do that

I put another power supply in and that didn’t work either. I think I may try to get another cord like pineapple said. Thank you.

On 5/12/2019 at 5:37 PM, Curious Pineapple said:

I'd replace the power lead, if you've rammed into it hard enough for it to come loose in the wall then replacing it would be a good idea. The loose connection could also have damaged an inrush limiter in the PSU.

I tried another power supply when a friend turned my computer off after I had told him not to so I don’t think the psu is damaged but I think changing the cord is a good idea so I’ll buy another and try that! Thank you!