This guy is worse than the Verge

MojangYang

It made me scream WTF, and when I scrolled down into the comment section a guy said that he made ddr4 work in laptop by cutting it up... people should really stop trolling and shitposting.

spoiler of video:

basicly this guy made the wrong socket cpu fit by breaking the pins and when it did not fit he hit the cpu with a hammer. Did he do this on purpose?

17 minutes ago, MojangYang said:

Did he do this on purpose?

yes he did, this is just another one of those shit trying to be funny videos where people try to impress others by destroying hardware.  It looks like this guy can't afford to destroy anything new in the name of clicks so he is destroying old hardware he found int he basement.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

15 minutes ago, mr moose said:

yes he did, this is just another one of those shit trying to be funny videos where people try to impress others by destroying hardware.  It looks like this guy can't afford to destroy anything new in the name of clicks so he is destroying old hardware he found int he basement.

But if you scroll down in the comment section you will find that a person actually tried it and now his mobo only beeps. Turns out it was true he did try it, but i did not think mobos can beep without cpu.

6 minutes ago, MojangYang said:

But if you scroll down in the comment section you will find that a person actually tried it and now his mobo only beeps. Turns out it was true he did try it, but i did not think mobos can beep without cpu.

It might be possible that the mobo would beep to indicate it failed to detect the CPU or detected another fault (like power short).  Also never trust youtube comments to be anything honest. 

EDIT: although I wouldn't discount the possibility that some moron tried it for god knows what reason.  The world is filled with all sorts.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

Maybe it was a busted board and a shit CPU?