Does any computer monitor support hdmi 2.1 yet?

xxMrTimelessxx

So I’m looking to buy a monitor for my dual monitor setup. Things I want in a monitor are

4k with 60fps or more

flicker free

gsync or FreeSync doesn’t matter

hdr

5ms or under response time

ips panel

HDMI 2.1 preferred and usb c to connect to my iMac

any monitor that fits that?

you don't need HDMI 2.1 for 4k @60fps, 2.0a does that fine with hdr

ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_2.0

• 1 month later...

I want to Future proof mine. I've got one of these new graphics cards on the way w g-sync. Any monitors out there with 2.1 HDMI?

1 hour ago, David L12 said:

I want to Future proof mine. I've got one of these new graphics cards on the way w g-sync. Any monitors out there with 2.1 HDMI?

Current graphics cards do not support HDMI 2.1, and there are no monitors which support it yet.

• 3 months later...
On 7/3/2019 at 8:44 PM, Glenwing said:

Current graphics cards do not support HDMI 2.1, and there are no monitors which support it yet.

Thus future proofing.. Frankly, Myself I would not consider getting a monitor upgrade now until they come with Hdmi 2.1..
Even the new 3440x1440 with 200hz comes butchered without a Hdmi 2.1 meaning color compression to reach those 200hz, so you pay 3000 dollars and get a monitor that will be outdated with next Gpu series... Tv's already ship with Hdmi 2.1
If you run 1080p then you're good without it though, unless you aim for some crazy high hz.
I skipped the 2080Ti also because Nvidia shipped it without Hdmi 2.1 - simply not worth it. I've ran 4K60 just fine for several years already, so unless it's getting past that it's not an upgrade :)