iPod Nano 5th Gen - Battery drain

Abudis

Hello everyone. This is my first topic on the forum and I would like to apologise if I place it under the wrong category.

I have since December 2010 an iPod Nano 5th Generation the 16 GB model. I've always used different earphones than the stock ones Apple included. Just recently and I think after I purchased the SONY MDR-EX50LP (I think it should be available in your countries too) I noticed that I would charge my iPod almost everyday. To make a long story short, I devised some tests and found out that my iPod would only play around 6hours non-stop. I did not touch it during the test, only a couple of times to see the battery level. The brightness was at the lowest setting, no equalizers were active and I used the shuffle mode to all my music. One the same settings, I used the earphones that came with the Nano to surprisingly find that after almost 10 hours of continuous playback, the battery level had logically reduced and from the icon it seemed that it could easily do 10 hours more. I stopped the test then, as I wanted to listen to some music and came to the conclusion that the SONY earphones were the problem.

To be honest, I've never really paid attention the playback time of my iPod and I don't exacty remember if the battery drain occured right after I bought the SONY I mentioned.

Can anyone verify my testing process and agree or disagree with the conclusion I made? And if I'm right, I would like some suggestions on buying some budget earphones that will not drink the life out of my device's battery. I was thinking of the Apple Earpods, which were intoduced last September I think.

Thank you all for taking the time to read through my post and I would like to apologise in advance for any grammatical or lexical mistakes I may have made, as English is a foreign language for me.

CASE: Corsair Obsidian 550D PSU: Corsair TX750M M/B: Gigabyte Z77X-D3H CPU: Intel i5 3570K COOLER: Arctic Cooling Freezer i30 RAM:Corsair Vengeance 8GB GPU: Gigabyte GTX-660Ti SSD: Intel 520 Series 120GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black MONITOR: LG IPS231P-BN