Opinions on modifying my custom Loop - Drain & Fillports

Hi all, 

Looking for some advise on placement really, i will be draining a flushing my loop within the next few months (it will be challenging) currently I do not have a drain or fill port so I am thinking ahead and will be adding these during the cleaning process. 

I have attached images below that I have, what would you guys do or what modifications would make to this for the best fill and drain points. (i have 2 xspc ball valves to add and various other fittings for modifications) 

Case is the Phanteks Evolv Shift X

Diagrams would also be helpful if possible. DSC_0316.thumb.JPG.6868e494c01672cc70407e8ebfd3df71.JPG

DSC_0310.JPG

DSC_0315.JPG

I'm not here to help. I'm just here to admire this sexy build.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

I'm not here to help. I'm just here to admire this sexy build.

Thankyou, it was difficult to work with at times. But I did what I could! 

For a drain I would put a T-Piece above the rad and below the pump.

As for the fill I think the only place you could put it above the resovoir using a T-Piece. But not 100% sure how you would achieve this.

11 minutes ago, sky_shark_101 said:

For a drain I would put a T-Piece above the rad and below the pump.

As for the fill I think the only place you could put it above the resovoir using a T-Piece. But not 100% sure how you would achieve this.

Thanks for the input, regarding the drain that is also where i thought would be best, although space restrictions.

What I could do Is change the pipe coming out of the rad to go straight up freeing up a little space and putting a t-piece there, although the xspc ball valve is a little chunky. Do you know any which are a bit smaller or shorter? Otherwise the only other option i could think of would be to use a bit of flex tubing going around to the other side of the pump. 

On 5/9/2019 at 1:04 PM, Shadowlessone said:

Thanks for the input, regarding the drain that is also where i thought would be best, although space restrictions.

What I could do Is change the pipe coming out of the rad to go straight up freeing up a little space and putting a t-piece there, although the xspc ball valve is a little chunky. Do you know any which are a bit smaller or shorter? Otherwise the only other option i could think of would be to use a bit of flex tubing going around to the other side of the pump. 

So following of from this I have aquire a few parts, although the squareness of theT-Fitting made by barrow is not ideal with this setup, as I will be changing it to come straight out of the rad the fan is getting in the way just a little too much. After searching through various manufacturers sites i couldnt find anything other than horrible square fittings and splitters. 

Therefore i have taken to ordering a splitter on ebay from Hong kong, I'm hoping it will fit much better and keep my circular aesthetic. 

As it is simply a chunk of metal with 3 threaded holes I don't feel that much can go wrong. 

Tell me what you guys think. 

DSC_0586.JPG

Screenshot_20190511-120031.png

DSC_0585.JPG

I've also been thinking about the fillport and where this could go to not make things ugly.

I have ordered another T-fitting which i will fit into the below space in place of the tube, then i will have a tube going upwards where i may cut a hole in the case for it to fit through. 

Images will come once i have the finishing results.sketch-1557757628657.thumb.png.cecf993922549c7704994bcdae32b242.png

11 minutes ago, Mr. horse said:

I tend to use a single T fitting and plug for both fill and drain port and no reservoir. I flip the case to drain it.

The best place to put it is somewhere along the inlet line to your pump.

This case is very heavy and not the easiest to move with its shape, the first time i filled it up was with a liquid syringe in the top of the reservoir (this took ages).

I have yet to drain it but presumed it may be difficult so putting a fill port at the highest point when I get around to it will help with draining, filling and flushing it in the future? 

• 5 weeks later...

Long awaited update, after 29 days exactly from ordering one out of two of the splitters has arrived, i was a little worried about the finish of the product initially but it looks nice and smooth. 

DSC_0617.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies that it has been a while however i am getting things done today! all i need to do is cut a hole in the top of the case to pass my flex tubing through and then I will be done! 

I'm pretty haply with the results so far! 

DSC_0634.JPG

DSC_0635.JPG

DSC_0638.JPG