is the i7-8850H worth it over i7-8750H, P2000 vs P1000

Hi All,

I looking to purchase the a Zbook for school will be doing (mainly CAD, Photoshop and video editing), will not game much on it as I have a Desktop with a GTX1060.

the computers are configured so that i7-8850H comes with P2000 and i7-8750H comes with P1000.
I not sure the price difference should be about 400 (still waiting for a quote)
Now is the i7-8850H better than i7-8750H? (the i9 Versions are also available cost $500 more just for the i9, which is insane)

Is the P2000 worth it over the P1000?

The laptop come with 3 yr warrenty and should last me at least 4 yr or more.
Is the price premium worth it in the long run?

Thank you!!

The 8850 is about as fast as the 8750 maybe 5% faster, depending on the laptop the P2000 on the other hand is vastly faster than the p1000 like going from the 1050 to a 1060 faster. So to answer your question. Is it worth for the 8850h? No. But It is for the P2000, though on the other hand you may just want to consider a 1660 ti laptop as it is significantly faster with more VRAM and will likely be cheaper although you may lose features in some software like solidworks.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

There isn't much difference tbh due to thermal limitation. However, higher end CPU is usually required to unlock higher end GPU options in mobile workstations

I would avoid Zbook as they are very expensive compared to other options out there. I would go for Thinkpad P52. Or even Precision 7530

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

I am considering the thinkpad as well... but comparing the student prices they are almost on par