Video Editing & Intel's 9th Generation CPUs

Hi guys, I am looking for a laptop to go with my desktop for mobile video editing. 

Looking at some of the laptop that just dropped with the 9th Gen i7 Intel Chips look really good. 9750h has 6 cores, 2.4 with 4.5 boost. Looks amazing. 

Looking further into it... the 9th generation i7 chips don't have hyper threading?? .........wat?

So my question becomes this.. How important does this become for using Adobe Premiere? Do I spend the extra money for a 9th gen i7 without hyperthreading? or wait a bit for the prices of the 8th gen to drop.. and get an i7 that has hyperthreading at the cost of a bit of performance per core? 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

????

It does.........................

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/191045/intel-core-i7-9750h-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-50-ghz.html

What do you think "12 threads" means

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

14 minutes ago, Skipple said:

Looking further into it... the 9th generation i7 chips don't have hyper threading?? .........wat

Desktops only, laptop i7 is still 6 cores with hyperthreading

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

????

It does.........................

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/191045/intel-core-i7-9750h-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-50-ghz.html

What do you think "12 threads" means

Really? According to this page it showing that no i7s have hyperthreading. Am I missing something? 

5de4e6c0-c78d-4f98-ab8f-55f383479859.png

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

3 minutes ago, Skipple said:

Really? According to this page it showing that no i7s have hyperthreading. Am I missing something? 

The fact that it has 12 threads while only having 6 cores means it has hyperthreading.

Clearly someone messed up on that page.

That's why you should only get your info from ark intel.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

The fact that it has 12 threads while only having 6 cores means it has hyperthreading.

Clearly someone messed up on that page.

That's why you should only get your info from ark intel.

Ah okay, that makes sense. Thanks!

ask me about my homelab