BSOD after I ran my java game

Dazzlock

Hello everyone!

A few days ago my java game crashed my computer, since then it has behaved oddly. Whenever I try to turn it on it works until I try to display anything graphical. It won't crash if I watch a video. After the first crash I could still play games once I got it to boot properly which took a few hard resets. I played for maybe an hour or so and then it crashed again. This time It was harder to make it boot properly and I got an error msg that said "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE" and that "atikmpag.sys" had failed.

I researched it and tried to rename the file so windows would create a new fresh one, but the file didn't exist. When It boots after a crash I see a thick green vertical line, but this only happens after a crash. If I turn it on after a while again the green line is gone. I uninstalled my gpu drivers and tried again with both old and new drivers.

The green line is visible in bios aswell. Recently I also got a BSOD with an error msg that said "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED". I have disabled my GPU which doesn't get rid of the green line but I can play games without it crashing. I have also used IGD instead of PGU and with IGD my PC behaves normally.

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance and have a great day!

System specs:

GPU: Msi r9 390

CPU: i5 4690k (not OC)

MOBO: Msi G43 gaming

SSD: Samsung 830 series

HDD: WD Black 1TB

RAM: 2x 4GB HyperX Savage DDR3 1600 MHz

(Wired network connection)

My guess is the GPU start failing.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Take the graphics card out of the system entirely, see if you still have problems. If you do try reinstalling Windows and using a different boot drive. If that doesn't help, try running memtest86 for a few hours or better yet try using different RAM. Try a different power supply if you can. If none of that helps your motherboard is probably damaged.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*