AVR is this still safe?

SkieHacker
Go to solution Solved by vanished,
Just now, SkieHacker said:

The ground on that cable was cut for unknown reason of my parent. Well i gonna try not to use adapter on UPS / AVR but you may hear some sparks and the Monitor wont worked.

Please don't use that device anymore, and try educating them about intentionally defeating important safety features on powerful electronics.

Hi, I gonna need some feedback if this thing still safe to use? 2 outlet of avr is damaged so i added a octopus adaptor on it.

1557014680993-1355290964.jpg

5 minutes ago, SkieHacker said:

Hi, I gonna need some feedback if this thing still safe to use? 2 outlet of avr is damaged so i added a octopus adaptor on it.1557014680993-1355290964.jpg

Get a power bar that splits the connection  properly that chain of adapters isn’t what i would call acceptable. 

No ground prong?

It's unsafe.

That ground prong is there on products so that if they shortcircuit, they prevent you from actually getting electrocuted(from touching the chassis made of metal or some other conductive material) by redirecting the current.

Hence why you often don't find ground prongs on products with a plastic outer shell, no risk of getting shocked since plastic is an insulator.

Think of it like a seatbelt, do you absolutely need it? Not really. Do you want it in the off chance you get an accident? Absolutely.

Please discontinue your usage of that device or replace the plug. (You can get them at most hardware store, it's easy enough to change them, you just need a pair of wire cutter... or an exacto knife)

As for multiple plugs on that tiny ass splitter... Yeah no... If you need to plug multiple electrical devices, get a good power bar with a built-in replaceable fuse. Though you really shouldn't use that kind of stuff with a UPS.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

image.png.12ccd54b6e1b399b5f7cf017863cac6f.png

How is this even plugged in?  It's clearly the type of plug that has a ground but I don't see where it's going.  The whole setup looks very unsafe, and if you read the manual for the UPS or whatever this is, it will almost certainly say that use of splitters, adapters, extension cords, etc. are not supported.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

9 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

image.png.12ccd54b6e1b399b5f7cf017863cac6f.png

How is this even plugged in?  It's clearly the type of plug that has a ground but I don't see where it's going.  The whole setup looks very unsafe, and if you read the manual for the UPS or whatever this is, it will almost certainly say that use of splitters, adapters, extension cords, etc. are not supported.

The ground on that cable was cut for unknown reason of my parent. Well i gonna try not to use adapter on UPS / AVR but you may hear some sparks and the Monitor wont worked.

Just now, SkieHacker said:

Please don't use that device anymore, and try educating them about intentionally defeating important safety features on powerful electronics.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, SkieHacker said:

You need to replace that cord w/ one w/ a ground.  If it came with a ground, it NEEDS a ground.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

well, no

how did the other 2 outlets got damaged?

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Just now, aezakmi said:

well, no

how did the other 2 outlets got damaged?

its not damaged but it loose, you may hear sometimes sparking inside the AVR

Just now, aezakmi said:

Hell, no  FTFY

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

1 minute ago, SkieHacker said:

its not damaged but it loose, you may hear sometimes sparking inside the AVR

damaged then

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB