degraded RAID 1

Hi. Im using 2 hdds in RAID 1 (mirror) configuration in my system (win7). I recently removed one of them and added files to the remaining one without realising. I replaced the second drive but it now appears as degraded. Is it possible to update files and recover raid in its normal mirroring operation without copying everything on a new drive and setting up the raid again?

Thank you

mb: z97x-ud5h-bk, i think there are 2 raid drivers available, intel and something else

I added files to the drive that remained in the system, which is the same.. so yeah you are right. 

I thought i could get away with it..

So any suggestions on how to copy the whole 1tb hdd safe and without a million messages about hidden/missing/weird files that cannot be copied?

How did you make the raid? Is this disk management raid in windows 7? motherboard raid?

In disk management raid, you cna just add the drive back into the array and it will rebuild.

23 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

How did you make the raid? Is this disk management raid in windows 7? motherboard raid?

In disk management raid, you cna just add the drive back into the array and it will rebuild.

i set up raid in bios, motherboard raid. do you think there is a way to fix it in bios? and in the case i have to set it up again would you suggest disk managment raid instead of bios raid ?

29 minutes ago, Sh0ck83 said:

i set up raid in bios, motherboard raid. do you think there is a way to fix it in bios? and in the case i have to set it up again would you suggest disk managment raid instead of bios raid ?

In the future, id upgrade to windows 10 and use storage spaces, its much better.

But you can just restore the raid in the raid menu.

15 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

But you can just restore the raid in the raid menu

you mean the bios raid menu? 

4 hours ago, Sh0ck83 said:

you mean the bios raid menu? 

Yes, in the BIOS RAID menu. Pop into that, and there should be an option to rebuild the array. It'll then re-sync files from the primary HDD to the one that was removed.

Depending on how their specific implementation works, you might have to wait until the sync is complete. Some RAID systems allow you to boot and it'll rebuild in the background though.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)