A question about demanding PC game copy sales?

There is some interesting people stating on twitter + YT saying that demanding games for the pc sell worst than the console counterpart & that they get big game sale numbers only from crap or old games. Seems like everybody is agreeing with it I've been trying to debunk this by looking for sale numbers for many demanding pc games released over the 2-year period but all i get is general sales. Either I'm not a good researcher or just simply need to dig deeper. Can anybody verify if this is true? 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

more people have consoles than gaming PCs, so naturally games for console sell better. That being said, i assume they still get decent sales from PC gamers who can drive demanding games, just a significantly lower percentage

It likely doesn't help that these days, plenty of those "demanding games", come out on PC months later after the console release. Meaning anyone who wanted to play it, already did.

... If it ever release on PC that is.

Overall, we don't have actual numbers of copies sold on PC for any games.

There are ways to estimate that number, like SteamSpy, though.

Then there's games with a multiplayer element, many will buy it on console to play locally with their friends.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

23 minutes ago, Derrk said:

more people have consoles than gaming PCs, so naturally games for console sell better. That being said, i assume they still get decent sales from PC gamers who can drive demanding games, just a significantly lower percentage

20 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

It likely doesn't help that these days, plenty of those "demanding games", come out on PC months later after the console release. Meaning anyone who wanted to play it, already did.

... If it ever release on PC that is.

Overall, we don't have actual numbers of copies sold on PC for any games.

There are ways to estimate that number, like SteamSpy, though.

Then there's games with a multiplayer element, many will buy it on console to play locally with their friends.

Wait didn't metro exodus & shadows die twice sell well on the PC or had huge sales too?

It’s probably more of just an echo chamber of people agreeing with each other. I guess it also depends on what you mean by demanding.

Sure demanding games limit the potential sales, but if there’s a will there’s a way. People will still often play below spec at low frame rates just to play the games. demanding games always sell well on the pc.

a little update, I asked them the proof behind their claims, they told me to look at sales numbers located on google....But I told them I still couldn't find demanding game sales for the pc and kindly asked if they could provide me a link/source that proves their claims. They proceed to hog me and not give me sources, great 

10 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

a little update, I asked them the proof behind their claims, they told me to look at sales numbers located on google....But I told them I still couldn't find demanding game sales for the pc and kindly asked if they could provide me a link/source that proves their claims. They proceed to hog me and not give me sources, great 

You probably need to determine what qualifies as demanding, and then determine what games fit that definition to see what the results are. Only takes a game or two to disprove the hypothesis.

Not sure if this debate is really worth your time anyways. Is there some benefit for you to be defending demanding game sales ?

3 minutes ago, Ertman said:

You probably need to determine what qualifies as demanding, and then determine what games fit that definition to see what the results are. Only takes a game or two to disprove the hypothesis.

Not sure if this debate is really worth your time anyways. Is there some benefit for you to be defending demanding game sales ?

I was talking about graphically demanding or very "computer-intensive" games like metro exodus. 

They have been using it as a way to prove that most pc gamers don't play at high/ultra settings, play with crap computers. I questioned them considering how much people agreed with them and felt that they were misleading people

8 hours ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

They have been using it as a way to prove that most pc gamers don't play at high/ultra settings, play with crap computers. I questioned them considering how much people agreed with them and felt that they were misleading people

Well yeah, most PC gamers don't play at high/ultra settings, that's common sense. Otherwise we'd all be buying new computers every year or two.

Also, for Metro Exodus... It was discontinued on steam after selling between 200 000 and 500 000 copies...  EPIC claim it sold 2.5 times more than Metro Last Light.

Last Light had sold between 2,000,000 and 5,000,000 copies on PC according to SteamSpy.

This means that Metro Exodus sold between 5,200,000 and 12,500,000 copies on PC. Takes these numbers with a grain of salt.

Now ask them to give actual console numbers and not opinions.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

10 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Well yeah, most PC gamers don't play at high/ultra settings, that's common sense. Otherwise we'd all be buying new computers every year or two.

Also, for Metro Exodus... It was discontinued on steam after selling between 200 000 and 500 000 copies...  EPIC claim it sold 2.5 times more than Metro Last Light.

Last Light had sold between 2,000,000 and 5,000,000 copies on PC according to SteamSpy.

This means that Metro Exodus sold between 5,200,000 and 12,500,000 copies on PC. Takes these numbers with a grain of salt.

Tried to look up the console numbers of exodus and some other intensive games and only found general numbers of sales (not specifying how much sales per system)

Which of course led me to ask them for actual numbers & link me to the data to it, to which again they hogged me for not learning to use google correctly and dodging my question. I think this is the point where it's best to just leave them alone knowing that they have no proof/numbers behind their claims, which of course is necessary if you are comparing or talking about sales #s of a system vs another one. 

20 hours ago, TetraSky said:

IIRC they said that it sold 2.5x more in the same time frame from release (which was like a month or two, something like that). I doubt Exodus has beaten the total lifetime sales of the older games yet

That's an F in the profile pic