Other Tech Channels

paddytokey

Hopefully Linus isn't going to be offended by this:

I'd like to hear about your other favourite tech-related youtube channels.

I for instance also like watch SingularityComputers, that guy does some really nice watercooling builds. Sometimes his videos are a bit long and he seems to enjoy telling you how perfect everything is, but he seems to know what he's talking about.

I also watch TastyPC, but only for the plot...

Hey I also watch Singularity computers!

Other Tech channels:

techtomorrow

TimeToLiveCustoms

Tech of Tomorrow is hosted by Elric, cool guy,

TTL - long in-depth reviews with personality by Tom.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Oh yeah, TimeToLiveCustoms is also on my list^^

He does some good stuff

My second favorite channel is techtomorrow and then I also watch a bit of TastyPC.

Tek Syndicate - www.youtube.com/user/razethew0rld - www.teksyndicate.com

guys that drink and talk tech.

LinusTechTips Livestream ModTeam

BUILD - i7-3770K @4.7GHz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Dominator Platinum - CM Storm Trooper w/ side window - Asus Matrix HD7970 Platinum - Corsair HX1050 - CM Storm Quick Fire TK BLUE - Razer Ourobours - Custom Loop

Thanks for Tek Syndicate, didn't even know he existed, but I love his personality and comedy!

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I used to watch TimeToLiveCustoms but when I came across Linus Tech I just stopped watching any other tech channel. WHY? because the way Linus does the reviews.. no crap talking, no long long discussions at the start of video, his voice is clear and his accent is perfect and he when he talks about tech stuff he talks about what is required, quick, precise and best of all is Linus does it informally which makes videos even more interesting and fun to watch and got to love occasional video appearances of Rumble and Rocket :)

I used to watch TimeToLiveCustoms but when I came across Linus Tech I just stopped watching any other tech channel. WHY? because the way Linus does the reviews.. no crap talking' date=' no long long discussions at the start of video, his voice is clear and his accent is perfect and he when he talks about tech stuff he talks about what is required, quick, precise and best of all is Linus does it informally which makes videos even more interesting and fun to watch and got to love occasional video appearances of Rumble and Rocket :)[/quote']

Way to suck up :D

Just kidding, I started watching Linus when I tried building my first computer. Loved his way of presenting right away and I really have a hard time getting used to people who are not as good in front of a camera as he is!

I used to watch Newegg and LinusTechTips/NCIXcom, but as Newegg got other people in, where most of them seemed to read off of a script, so I stopped with that. So right now its pretty much just Linus, but if I want several opinions on a specific product I watch the other dudes that has already been mentioned.

Desktop: CPU: i7 3770k OC: 4.0 GHZ | CPUCooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gig, 1600 mhz | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: Corsair Force 3 120 gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Periphirals: Keyboard: Logitech g710+ | Mice: Desktop: Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition. Laptop: Razer Deathadder 3.5g edition | Mousepads: Desktop: Razer Goliathus Control Extended edition Laptop: Razer Goliathus Control edition | Sound stuff: Bose Companion 2 speakers (Free yay), Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e540: CPU: i7 4702mq | GPU: Nvidia Geforce gt740 | RAM: 8 gig of some brand | Storage: 1 TB of some brand 5400 rpm | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

I find TechTomorrow to be the best. Tek Syndicate's personality is not to my liking.

NewEgg is also great, same with TastyPC. Time to Live Customs does some occasional good stuff, but he's very hit and miss.

I personally think one of the best, aside from Linus, is HardwareKanucks. (sp). So informative, covers a lot of stuff some others may miss and very in depth videos.

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

Time to live Customs is nice to watch while doing something else like gaming. His vids are just so in-depth its hard to not be doing something else.

TTL, TastyPC, Teksyndicate, all great channels aswell. TTL get's my vote, he puts alot of effort and specifically ensures his reviews are truthful, he doens't have a brand alliance, albeit he is sponsored by Corsair, he speaks his mind and isn't afraid to do so. I recall a while ago he reviewed an NZXT case, absolutely slated it, but i believe that's what you need when you watch a reviewer, you need someone who is truthful to give you the greatest idea of the product you're going to be investing in.

Another one I watch sometimes is thetechsource.tv, I find these guys somewhat entertaining. I like how they are just not that professional most of the time ^^

I'm a fan of VortezReviews. Nice in depth walk throughs and reviews of gear.

Intel core i7 3770k, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz RAM, Samsung 830 128GB Boot Drive, 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black Data Drive, Asus GTX 560 :-(, Corsair HX750 PSU, Thermaltake Chaser MK-1

TimeToLiveCustom videos are just way to long. 30 minutes for a case review? What....

I used to watch TimeToLiveCustoms but when I came across Linus Tech I just stopped watching any other tech channel. WHY? because the way Linus does the reviews.. no crap talking' date=' no long long discussions at the start of video, his voice is clear and his accent is perfect and he when he talks about tech stuff he talks about what is required, quick, precise and best of all is Linus does it informally which makes videos even more interesting and fun to watch and got to love occasional video appearances of Rumble and Rocket :)[/quote']

I like TTL. He serves a different audience. People who want to watch a really in depth review of a product. He also just started a new channel called rush kit that caters to people who want videos under 5 minutes. He also keeps it really light and fun like Linus does in his videos.

I will say that TTL is more about the hard core facts, Linus is about cats and product placement, Tek Syndicate is about having fun and making the console people goto PC to have more fun, and Tech Tomorrow (was motherboards.org) is about unboxings and reviews. Overall i love all of them for who they are.

LinusTechTips Livestream ModTeam

BUILD - i7-3770K @4.7GHz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Dominator Platinum - CM Storm Trooper w/ side window - Asus Matrix HD7970 Platinum - Corsair HX1050 - CM Storm Quick Fire TK BLUE - Razer Ourobours - Custom Loop

TTL and singularitycomputers mainly, both are rather interesting to listen to, I must prefer in-depth reviews over simple overviews. Hardwarecanucks is also excellent, but I do wish they made videos more frequently.

I usually prefer written reviews when researching about different products though, given there's often more information, tests and comparisons. It's only really case reviews that I prefer video reviews for.

I used to watch TimeToLiveCustoms but when I came across Linus Tech I just stopped watching any other tech channel. WHY? because the way Linus does the reviews.. no crap talking' date=' no long long discussions at the start of video, his voice is clear and his accent is perfect and he when he talks about tech stuff he talks about what is required, quick, precise and best of all is Linus does it informally which makes videos even more interesting and fun to watch and got to love occasional video appearances of Rumble and Rocket :)[/quote']Linus doesn't really review anything. It's just unboxings and a few basic impressions. TTL does full reviews and modding guides on his channel and on overclock3d.net.

to know the face of Dodge is to know madness

Take a look at what I’ve been watching…

I like TTL, he does extremely in depth review, be prepared to spend a hour on watching one case video :D

I also got two channels for you guys:

PCGamesHardware It is a German Tech channel from the no1 Hardware Magazine. It may be relevant to the international audience, because they began to post retro videos and I think it is quite entertaining to see how they overclock a Geforce 2 or a Pentium III :D

Maxishine That Australian guy who clearly has too much money on his hand for buying PC stuff

Don't forget to subscribe for more unboxings, reviews and other computer videos!

TheTechSource is my second favourite Tech channel followed by techoftomorrow and TTL. I'm surprised not many people have mentioned them..

TheTechSource guys are good but they don't receive much support from manifacturers and that's why they aren't that popular. Another thing is that this isn't their occupation; they work as tech support technicians at large companies. They don't make any profit from these videos since the money they get from YouTube is only enough for them to pay the gas for the trips between their houses. ;) I support them and watch their videos which also aren't biased in any way.