Water cooling with no idea

Hello to all reading this, 

I am planning my water cooling loop for my pc but don’t really know what order a loop has to go I am doing hard line loop witch includes:

3x 240 mm rads

1x reservoir 

1x pump

1x gpu 

1x cpu

now I don’t know what order I need to put all the parts in the cpu will be heavily over clocked so will probably need the double rad or something I am lookin to put in a a second gpu in, in the future along with a 120 mm rad. If someone could help me with the order that would be great. 

Thank you

The only thing you need to be concerned with in terms of loop order, is making sure that the res comes before the pump and that water from the res naturally flows to the pump when you're filling the loop.  Loop order otherwise doesn't really matter. There will not be significant differences in the water temp at any point throughout the loop. 

1 minute ago, Ttnuagmada said:

The only thing you need to be concerned with in terms of loop order, is making sure that the res comes before the pump and that water from the res naturally flows to the pump when you're filling the loop.  Loop order otherwise doesn't really matter. There will not be significant differences in the water temp at any point throughout the loop. 

This is a big relief that means that I can cool it the way I want thank you for the comment

Indeed, as @Ttnuagmada said all that matter is that your res is before your pump, because you do not want your pump to run dry, else it will heat up till it destroys itself, or wear itself out. Otherwise the temp of water in the loop will generally only vary by 1C. Though you may want to a location for a bleed valve/socket near the top of the PC, so as to make filling and draining your loop a ton easier.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

As mentioned, loop order doesn't matter for the most part.

Pump after res is a good rule of thumb however to make filling the loop easier.

If you can budget in a little extra then building in a drain port will make maintenance easier in the future.

And ofc do remember that while loop order doesnt really matter, flow direction can matter. make sure your using the correct ports for inlet/outlet on both pump and the blocks.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 hour ago, SolarNova said:

As mentioned, loop order doesn't matter for the most part.

Pump after res is a good rule of thumb however to make filling the loop easier.

And ofc do remember that while loop order doesnt really matter, flow direction can matter. make sure your using the correct ports for inlet/outlet on both pump and the blocks.

Another generally good practice is to make the pump the lowest part of the system. I ran a system for awhile where the pump was the lowest part, and the reservoir was the highest part. Even with a radiator between the two, gravity ensured the pump was never starved for water.

That said, the ideal setup is to have your res attached to the top of the pump. And since most cases can support this unless you're doing a small form factor build (like I do, hence my oddball setups), there's really no reason not to go this route.

I'm pretty sure my purpose in life is to serve as a warning for others.