will windows 10 pro work with a new motherboard cpu and ram ?

Suvajit Majumder

Good afternoon. I am posting this on behalf of my uncle. He has an AMD A107850k CPU with MSIA88XM - gaming motherboard. It is now more than 5 years since this build took place. Uncle is getting a box pack of Windows 10 pro by this weekend my question is the SSD and all other drives remains the same only the motherboard CPU ram and maybe an additional GPU would be added to the few components he wishes to upgrade to. Will the Windows 10 pro still work with the components that are being changed. I have these queries so asking before the build takes places later this year. To clear my own doubts and learn in the process too. Any article related to this is always welcome. Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

thanks, mate I would post this entire conversation of the forum to my uncle so that he finds it easier to deal with it. Thank you again have a nice day kind, sir.

Are you asking if you can use the same installation of Windows after switching the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM? If so, maybe. I have never done a hardware change that didn't also involve me reinstalling Windows, so I don't know for sure. The motherboard particularly has me concerned as "the digital license associates itself with your device's hardware." You can register it to new hardware but I don't know how this will affect an existing install. I did find this, https://scottiestech.info/2017/02/26/upgrade-your-motherboard-without-reinstalling-windows-10/ . If you are only concerned about using storage drives without formatting them, that will work just fine. You will have to remap them in the new installation of Windows but they should work just fine.