Windows 10 Digital License

Hi guys,

I want to fully format my 2nd hand Dell G7 laptop, including deleting all the partition. The only concern I have is my Windows 10 license. I am unsure whether this will affect my Windows 10 license as a friend of mine told me that upon reformatting, I can delete all the partition except for the System Reserved as this partition holds the activation key for my OS license. I want to know if this is true or not? And if I delete all the partition, what are the possible scenarios that I may experience with the Windows 10 license? Will it be activated again? I've read on some threads that I can link my Microsoft Account to my OS license, but I want to use local login on my laptop and not MS account. I am fully aware that upon deleting all partition, Dell factory image and support will also be deleted. I have attached some images of the activation settings and the partitions on my laptop.  If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

windows 10 license.PNG

disk partition.PNG

3 hours ago, thereisnospoon said:

Hi guys,

I want to fully format my 2nd hand Dell G7 laptop, including deleting all the partition. The only concern I have is my Windows 10 license. I am unsure whether this will affect my Windows 10 license as a friend of mine told me that upon reformatting, I can delete all the partition except for the System Reserved as this partition holds the activation key for my OS license. I want to know if this is true or not? And if I delete all the partition, what are the possible scenarios that I may experience with the Windows 10 license? Will it be activated again? I've read on some threads that I can link my Microsoft Account to my OS license, but I want to use local login on my laptop and not MS account. I am fully aware that upon deleting all partition, Dell factory image and support will also be deleted. I have attached some images of the activation settings and the partitions on my laptop.  If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

I believe the key is stored in the BIOS. Not on the hard drive, but if you're really want to maken sure download this program and witte down your key

https://www.lazesoft.com/lazesoft-windows-key-finder.html

Main PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | RAM:Corsair LPX 3200 mhz (16Gb) 

Mobo:ASUS Strix B550-F Wifi | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z

Case: Sharkoon Nightshark RGB| Storage: 500 GB 970 EVO Plus 1 TB WD blue 500 GB Samsung HDD

Monitor: iiyama G-Master G2470HSU-B1 165Hz

Powersupply: Be Quiet straight Power 10 500 watt

Main Laptop

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | RAM: Team group 16 GB 2666 mhz

GPU: RTX 2060 (MXM swappable)

Monitor: 1080p 120Hz

Storage: 2x 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (no raid)

Second Laptop

CPU: Intel Core I5 1235u,  RAM: Samsung 8 GB 3200 mhz

GPU: IrisXe 80 eu

Storage: 512 GB WD Digital SN530 NVMe

Phone:

Xiaomi MI 11

Work Phone:

Galaxy A50

29 minutes ago, thereisnospoon said:

Connect your Microsoft account and then it will say "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", at that point you can reinstall Windows and use the same Microsoft account and it will activate it automatically

make sure to install Windows 10 Home Single Language, otherwise it won't work

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

38 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Connect your Microsoft account and then it will say "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account",

he doesn't want to connect to an MS account

Main PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | RAM:Corsair LPX 3200 mhz (16Gb) 

Mobo:ASUS Strix B550-F Wifi | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z

Case: Sharkoon Nightshark RGB| Storage: 500 GB 970 EVO Plus 1 TB WD blue 500 GB Samsung HDD

Monitor: iiyama G-Master G2470HSU-B1 165Hz

Powersupply: Be Quiet straight Power 10 500 watt

Main Laptop

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | RAM: Team group 16 GB 2666 mhz

GPU: RTX 2060 (MXM swappable)

Monitor: 1080p 120Hz

Storage: 2x 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (no raid)

Second Laptop

CPU: Intel Core I5 1235u,  RAM: Samsung 8 GB 3200 mhz

GPU: IrisXe 80 eu

Storage: 512 GB WD Digital SN530 NVMe

Phone:

Xiaomi MI 11

Work Phone:

Galaxy A50

3 hours ago, Wolly9102 said:

I believe the key is stored in the BIOS. Not on the hard drive, but if you're really want to maken sure download this program and witte down your key

https://www.lazesoft.com/lazesoft-windows-key-finder.html

Hi Wolly9102,

I have also looked into this possible solution. Thank you for your response. 

2 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

Connect your Microsoft account and then it will say "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", at that point you can reinstall Windows and use the same Microsoft account and it will activate it automatically

make sure to install Windows 10 Home Single Language, otherwise it won't work

Hi _Syn_,

I have also looked into this possible solution, but I am still looking for different solution as I don't want to use MS account on my laptop. Appreciate your response.