These are the 2 options I can afford:

Mushkin Pilot (1TB)

- Up to 2710 MB/s Sequential Read Speed
- Up to 1775 MB/s Sequential Write Speed

Or the

Corsair  Force Series MP510 (480GB)

- Sequential Read Speed: Up to 3,480 MB/s
- Sequential Write Speed: Up to 3,000 MB/s

Im not familiar with Mushkin are they any good? Would you sacrifice a slightly slower drive for 1TB storage or faster drive with half the storage?

ATM i have less than 500GB of SSD storage and dont really use all of it. I have a few games. And if i want to play a new one ill just delete a different one and download a new one (i have pretty fast internet). 

But its always nice to have that extra storage just in case...

If you have other brands let me know and reason why. PS i only want 1 NVMe and no HDD or Sata SSD. 

I hate cables.... 

i7-9700k | GTX 980 | MSI z370i Pro Gaming Carbon AC | G.Skill 3000mhz | NZXT Kraken M22Metallic Gear Neo Mini

5 minutes ago, Salkio said:

Im not familiar with Mushkin are they any good? Would you sacrifice a slightly slower drive for 1TB storage or faster drive with half the storage?

ATM i have less than 500GB of SSD storage and dont really use all of it. I have a few games. And if i want to play a new one ill just delete a different one and download a new one (i have pretty fast internet). 

But its always nice to have that extra storage just in case...

If you have other brands let me know and reason why. PS i only want 1 NVMe and no HDD or Sata SSD. 

I hate cables.... 

If you're expecting faster load times in games or Windows from NVME drives then you'll be disappointed

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

15 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

If you're expecting faster load times in games or Windows from NVME drives then you'll be disappointed

oh, i was expecting faster boot times, even tho mt pc boots pretty fast. but tbh im more into the fact that ill be able to remove a bunch of cables 

i7-9700k | GTX 980 | MSI z370i Pro Gaming Carbon AC | G.Skill 3000mhz | NZXT Kraken M22Metallic Gear Neo Mini

2 minutes ago, Salkio said:

oh, i was expecting faster boot times, even tho mt pc boots pretty fast. but tbh im more into the fact that ill be able to remove a bunch of cables 

M.2 SATA SSDs exist.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

2 minutes ago, Salkio said:

you can still buy an M.2 SATA SSD and save money

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

4 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

you can still buy an M.2 SATA SSD and save money

whats is the difference from NVME m.2 and sata m.2? 

1 minute ago, Salkio said:

whats is the difference from NVME m.2 and sata m.2? 

SATA M.2 is in the M.2 form factor and uses the SATA interface (so it's a regular 2.5" SSD but in a smaller size).

NVMe M.2 is in the M.2 form factor and uses the NVMe/PCIe interface. Most of them are in M.2 format, although some connect by U.2 and are 2.5" SSDs (see Optane 900P/905P).

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

SATA M.2 is in the M.2 form factor and uses the SATA interface (so it's a regular 2.5" SSD but in a smaller size).

NVMe M.2 is in the M.2 form factor and uses the NVMe/PCIe interface. Most of them are in M.2 format, although some connect by U.2 and are 2.5" SSDs (see Optane 900P/905P).

thank you

55 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

booting from a pcie x4 nvme drive is super fast comapred to sata ssd,loading games is faster also not by a huge amount but the difference is there,now maybe these drives mentioned wont be great performers but something like the 960-970 evo or pro would do wonders.

1 minute ago, xreaperx22 said:

booting from a pcie x4 nvme drive is super fast comapred to sata ssd,loading games is faster also not by a huge amount but the difference is there,now maybe these drives mentioned wont be great performers but something like the 960-970 evo or pro would do wonders.

You've either never owned a NVMe SSD, or upgraded from a complete trash SATA SSD (i.e. Kingston A400/UV400).

NVMe is not any different in day to day tasks compared to a good SATA SSD (i.e. a MX500).

On 4/27/2019 at 3:10 PM, NunoLava1998 said:

You've either never owned a NVMe SSD, or upgraded from a complete trash SATA SSD (i.e. Kingston A400/UV400).

NVMe is not any different in day to day tasks compared to a good SATA SSD (i.e. a MX500).

Im not 100% doing it for the speeds more for less cables. So would u reccon to go with the corsair or the mushkin? 

On 4/27/2019 at 9:10 AM, NunoLava1998 said:

im using a samsung 960 pro nvme and i was on a samsung 840 evo sata ssd,the difference was night and day,one is running in pcie x4 the other well sata 6gb, not only did the windows boot faster but any game i loaded on the nvme had much lower load times.

On 4/28/2019 at 2:32 PM, Salkio said:

Im not 100% doing it for the speeds more for less cables. So would u reccon to go with the corsair or the mushkin? 

M.2 SATA.

1 minute ago, xreaperx22 said:

im using a samsung 960 pro nvme and i was on a samsung 840 evo sata ssd,the difference was night and day,one is running in pcie x4 the other well sata 6gb, not only did the windows boot faster but any game i loaded on the nvme had much lower load times.

The 840 EVO is pretty bad nowadays so I can see why your boot times became much better. In a lot of titles there will be lower load times, but that's pretty much it.

You can tell a difference in performance between an SATA m.2 and an NVME m.2   It isn't drastic, but it exists.  I've swapped back and forth between the two in a Latitude 7280.  It isn't anywhere is large as the benchmarks would suggest, but I can definitely tell a difference.

However, if this is the only drive in your system, you may want to use capacity as the deciding factor.