What is your Favorite Anime/Manga?

Royalburgers

Mine would probably be anohana, if I had ever had to prove that anime can be for mature people as well. Only 12 episodes long, pretty damn touching (not at the level of Clannad though) and doesn't contain anything over the top.

They have made a movie which retells the story from another character's perspective as well:

Fun fact: The full name of the show translates to "We still don't know the name of the flower we say that day". The flower in the logo is called a "Forget-me-not". I don't even think they mention the flower in the show, it's just in the title and the logo. Thought that was a nice touch.

Anohana was quite good for some reason I though of Hanasaku Iroha at first. Either way its a good anime too.

COWBOY BEBOP MASTER RACE!

Trigun is good too :P

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

Steins Gate

Fate Zero

Attack on Titan

One Piece

FMA Brotherhood

[Main Rig] CPU: Intel Core i7-2700k OC 4.2GHz Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3 GPU: MSI R9-280x RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz 4x4GB Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 PSU: OCZ ModXstream Pro 700w Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus  SSD: 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Display: 2x 21" Samsung LED 1080p 60Hz 5ms and upto 8TB extra storage

[Peripherals] Mouse1: Razer Naga Mouse2: Logitech Performance MX Mouse Keyboard: Razer Deathstalker Ultimate Headset: CM Storm Ceres 400 Webcam: Microsoft Lifecam HD-6000 Speaker: Logitech Speaker System Z523

I personally liked it a lot; it did have its moments and was quite different to what I was used to. Anyways, it did fit my taste :)

PC in Profile

I've watched many anime series, but nothing can beat Elfenlied. The only anime that got me to cry legit.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

I've watched many anime series, but nothing can beat Elfenlied. The only anime that got me to cry legit.

Really? I mean it didnt come close for me while quite a few others did quite a good job at it.

Really? I mean it didnt come close for me while quite a few others did quite a good job at it.

The story telling really got to me. Which did come close to you?

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

• 2 weeks later...

The story telling really got to me. Which did come close to you?

Many have done more than close to me they. Many were slice of life+romance anime but some that i would never expect did. summer wars comes to mind off the top of my head but there are many others.

• 2 months later...

Just a little poll to see what people like. If you chose the other option post what your favorite anime is.

I'm aware that I may have missed out on a whole load of good shows but there's just to many to list, so don't get angry at me if your favorite isn't in the main poll.

(I'm made of set up the poll wrong so if it doesn't appear please bear with me)

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

Are the Last Air bender and the Legend of Korra "real" animes? :D

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Are the Last Air bender and the Legend of Korra "real" animes? :D

Debatable, but since anime generally refers to Japanese animation and LAB and LoK are American made I'd say no. It's border line so feel free to keep it as your vote. 

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

dye fantasy?

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

i dont know none of this stuff. 

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

None :)

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Clannad

Why on earth is HOTD on there?

Mainly just listed the first ones that came to mind, not sure why HOTD was there, but meh

No Death Note?!!!!?!?!??!?!?!?

Fixed it

Nope,

Code Geass > Death Note 

I just started watch code geass. You might be right :P

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

No Cowboy Bebop? Trigun? EVA? Ghost in the Shell?

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)