Laptop GPU usage 0%, app crashes wehn gpu acceleration is on

samiibnjamil

HI, last few days i noticed my light room crashed whenever i  go to develop mode, then i found a solution that i should disable hardware acceleration, i did now it works but very slow.. at the same time davinci resovle crashes on startup and premiere pro crashes on startup too.. when i open the graphics control panel, the Nvidia logo in the demo ( that rotates) when u get to select the slider of [performance vs smoothness thingy) that logo wont move and the app crashes. when i open resource monitor, i see small spikes in GPU 1 but no constant usage.. when i downloaded msi overclocking app, after every once in a while it says (connection to gpu lost)

I use HP specttre x360 with a nvidia mx150 gpu. can anyone help me out?

Premiere is buggy as hell, especially when you turn mercury engine (gpu acceleration).

Once i have problems with my GTX card, the problem disappear with DDU + reinstall graphic driver.

And then aftrer a while it crashed again. Adobe fix that with newer updates. No crash up till now.

Maybe they still have problems with MX150, try clean install the graphic drivers and adobe premiere (update to the latest).

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Premiere is buggy as hell, especially when you turn mercury engine (gpu acceleration).

Once i have problems with my GTX card, the problem disappear with DDU + reinstall graphic driver.

And then aftrer a while it crashed again. Adobe fix that with newer updates. No crash up till now.

Maybe they still have problems with MX150, try clean install the graphic drivers and adobe premiere (update to the latest).

Bro my problem isnt with adobe stuff, its with any GPU accelerated programs... even the nvidial control panel freezes... is there anyway to check if my gpu is fried or no?

Run a game maybe?

There's no way you can check it without opening the case.

Even if it is really damaged, the repair is going to be difficult.

You have to pull out the whole motherboard.

That GPU is not a hot one, damage from overheating is very unlikely.

But it may have a bad heatsink contact, you can fix it by cleaning and reapplying the thermal paste.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w