media keys on keyboard controlling youtube instead of music player

kaddle

i bought this keyboard last year and the media keys have always worked as normal. the change track and pause/play keys would always affect my music player. i use windows media player. i'm sure the problem is not the keyboard.

yesterday when i use the pause/play media key on the keyboard, it started to affect youtube instead of my music player like normal. it only goes back to normal when i close youtube, but i almost always have a youtube tab open. the keys to change the track always work with my music player as far as i can tell. i need my media keys to always affect my music player, but i don't know how to make it function normally again. any help?

As far as i know Google Chrome finally added media keys support, so that they now work on youtube etc. I tested on my Youtube and Play/pause, and stop buttons work, next/previous don't.

So you could try another browser, or an older version of chrome..

BUT if they added the media key support to the Youtube itself, then i don't know how to help you...

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

30 minutes ago, kaddle said:

i bought this keyboard last year and the media keys have always worked as normal. the change track and pause/play keys would always affect my music player. i use windows media player. i'm sure the problem is not the keyboard.

yesterday when i use the pause/play media key on the keyboard, it started to affect youtube instead of my music player like normal. it only goes back to normal when i close youtube, but i almost always have a youtube tab open. the keys to change the track always work with my music player as far as i can tell. i need my media keys to always affect my music player, but i don't know how to make it function normally again. any help?

Merry christmas friend