Unsure what to do

tfvanh

Hey all

Yesterday I built my new PC, and finalized everything today.

- msi geforce rtx 2060 ventus

- intel i5 9600k

- msi z 390 pro

- 32 gb ddr4 3 ghz ram (corsair)

- gigabyte 700W psu

- samsung 970 m2 ssd

Booted from premade usb with the most recent bios version, internet driver and windows creation tool files. 

Flashed bios, installed windows, installes internet driver and thEn other drivers. Afterwards I did all the windows updates, installed some other programs (norton, i know/discord/uplay/razer/logitech software) and played some games.

After about 12 hours I got a blue screen, errorcode (symefasi64.sys) according to google caused by norton (yep) so i deleted norton restarted the pc and done i thought.

Back into the game and another blue screen this time:(SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) (SYMEFASI64.SYS) 

Related to drivers from what i could find but all drivers were up to date. I check the gamefiles, all good, start the game and this time i cant even get into the game. The game crashes followed by bsud, new error (memory-management) so at this point i dont know anymore.

Things that i think can be related:

- psu is making a weird noise, maybe its not working propperly causing differemt errors. Will swap the psu to see if it helps as the sound is anoyying.

- deleting norton corrupted something and caused a domino effect?

After hours of trial and error i encountered more and more problems. Couldnt start the game at all, couldnt update or reinstall nvidia drivers.

Will reinstall windows, change the psu but not sure what else i can do and if that will even help.

U guys have any ideas? The psu makes a sound like its slurping a drink, maybe a bit like an old hdd writing the disk. 

2 minutes ago, tfvanh said:

Hey all

Yesterday I built my new PC, and finalized everything today.

- msi geforce rtx 2060 ventus

- intel i5 9600k

- msi z 390 pro

- 32 gb ddr4 3 ghz ram (corsair)

- gigabyte 700W psu

- samsung 970 m2 ssd

Booted from premade usb with the most recent bios version, internet driver and windows creation tool files. 

Flashed bios, installed windows, installes internet driver and thEn other drivers. Afterwards I did all the windows updates, installed some other programs (norton, i know/discord/uplay/razer/logitech software) and played some games.

After about 12 hours I got a blue screen, errorcode (symefasi64.sys) according to google caused by norton (yep) so i deleted norton restarted the pc and done i thought.

Back into the game and another blue screen this time:(SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) (SYMEFASI64.SYS) 

Related to drivers from what i could find but all drivers were up to date. I check the gamefiles, all good, start the game and this time i cant even get into the game. The game crashes followed by bsud, new error (memory-management) so at this point i dont know anymore.

Things that i think can be related:

- psu is making a weird noise, maybe its not working propperly causing differemt errors. Will swap the psu to see if it helps as the sound is anoyying.

- deleting norton corrupted something and caused a domino effect?

After hours of trial and error i encountered more and more problems. Couldnt start the game at all, couldnt update or reinstall nvidia drivers.

Will reinstall windows, change the psu but not sure what else i can do and if that will even help.

U guys have any ideas? The psu makes a sound like its slurping a drink, maybe a bit like an old hdd writing the disk. 

As it's a new install I would restart from scratch again.

Norton is know to take over your machine and can cause so many problems. That's why heavy users, or gamers don't use it.

So start again with no Norton.

It's not a race to the bottom.

Just now, Srijan Verma said:

Just try using fresh start

Yeah doing that now, almost done but idk should i do more? I d rather do all i can now, before installing stuff again

1 minute ago, 0x1e said:

As it's a new install I would restart from scratch again.

Norton is know to take over your machine and can cause so many problems. That's why heavy users, or gamers don't use it.

So start again with no Norton.

Ill do that haha

Try uninstalling the windows update before reinstalling windows, my computer would freeze every 3hours~ but after i reverted the update, the issue was gone.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

After reinstalling windows it gave memory management bsod

4 hours ago, tfvanh said:

After reinstalling windows it gave memory management bsod

OK,
Have you configured your RAM using XMP?
If you have then download and run Memtest 86 from a USB stick.
It's going to take a few hours to complete with 32GB.

It's not a race to the bottom.

24 minutes ago, 0x1e said:

OK,
Have you configured your RAM using XMP?
If you have then download and run Memtest 86 from a USB stick.
It's going to take a few hours to complete with 32GB.

Ye started that a bit ago

Many errors, running with 1 stick now to see what it shows then

IMG-20190421-WA0000.jpeg