RTX 2060 vs Vega 64

7 hours ago, Shiniontv said:

I am looking into buying a new graphics card, and I decided upon the RTX 2060, but seeing the recent drops in prices for the Vega cards, I was interested in a Vega 64.

Get the VEGA its the better card.

Problem is, I like the NVidia software and stuff, so I don't know if I would want to use the AMD software.

Yeah, you like it because you never tried the AMD Software or seen anything else :)

If you go at it with an open mind, there is really nothing to keep you on the nVidia side as the AMD side is just more comprehensive and has things where you think they should be.

The only thing to be careful about is application specific profiles...

7 hours ago, rodarkone said:

I presume on the long term RTX 2060 will be a better choice

Yeah, like the GTX 680 beats the shit out of the Radeon HD7970, right?

oh wait...

Nevermind...

Its the HD7870 that can trade blows with the 680...

They are both the ROG Strix OC editions

Vega 64

RTX 2060

They are in Euro, but you can always google it into USD if you will.

The ASUS seems fine, though I don't have it.

The advantage of the ASUS is the DVI Port. And also the additional Display Out...

I can get the Nitro+ for around $20 more

Depends if you want the best V64 and are willing to sacrifice the DVI Port for it or not.

7 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

nitro+ is probably the best version of the Vega 64. so if you have the option for 20$, id pick that any day

Well, the Sapphire don't come with DVI...

2 hours ago, rodarkone said:

Nope .. this is not 100 % correct.

Nope, its not.

In the past, nVidia GPU can't keep their performance level relative to the competition. In some times even newer mid ranges beat the shit out of older high end. You remember the Witcher 3 shitstorm, where the GTX960 was as good as GTX 780???

1. RTX 2060 can beat Vega 64 in a multitude of games 

2. Vega64 can beat RTX 2060 in a multitude of games 

from 1 and 2 conclusion is - what games you want to play, and is the + or - 6 % difference matters ? (probably not) 

Yes and in the cases where the GTX2060 beats the VEGA its only so slightly.

In the Games where the VEGA beats the 2060 it can be quite dramatic.

And ever thought abut why nVidia don't like no DX12 and tried to sabotage it?
Because they lose control (and can't "optimize" the way they do right now).

Anyway, a worst case for nVidia looks like this:

https://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/world-war-z-test-gpu-cpu

(click on Vulkan)

3. best implementation of Vega 64 is not Nitro+ is the Liquid Cooling one (best bios and best performance out of box) 

4. In theory RTX2060 ca be overclocked higher then Vega 64 (depends on what you get) 

No its not because the Liquid one has liquid cooling and that has some serious disadvantages. 

OC for GPU doesn't make much sense anyway, especially if you talk about Efficiency.

Either you talk about Efficiency OR Overclocking, NOT both. 

5. RTX206 has better technology just because is newer also is more efficient. 

...wich nobody really cares, especially user who have an i9-9900K not.

And talking about Efficiency with a CPU that probably consumes 250-300W is kinda hypocritical.

Why the heck care what the GPU consumes when you don't care what the CPU consumes?

6. Nvidia drivers are updated more often 

7. AMD drivers are updated for longer time

Yes and AMD drivers are less prone to dramatic failures like the nVidia Drivers.

For example Wildlands Inventory crash with nVidia RTX Cards that is only fixed recently.

And how often the driver is updated, is not a sign of quality either...

You can also say that one messes up more and needs more fixes.

Because AMD releases usually 1 Driver guaranteed and the other if needed. For example when a new, bigger Game is released and they want to have a slightly better optimized driver for that game.

Even Vega 64 has more ram 8 GB vs 6 GB the limitation of high resolution is very taxing so you will not be able to enjoy anyway. 

The RTX 2060 is cheaper, so you will be able to buy a better implementation of RTX 2060 (better cooling / better specs) 

Vega 64 has 8GiB VRAM + HBCC, wich can mitigate high VRAM consumption a bit better than normal cards can do.

SO your claim that you won't enjoy it is bullshit because there are reports that in some settings/cases, you can bring one of the Tomb Raider Games in Geothermal Valley to bring Cards with 8GiB VRAM or less to its knees.

VEGA runs less shitty because of HBCC...

Review from Steve (Hardware Unboxed) with gaming results.

...who critizized a booksize (AMD) Barebone that you can't put a GPU inside...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 hour ago, rodarkone said:

@GoldenLag not sure if you are reading the part with me having both Vega 64 LC (which is a vega 64 card -  regardless of your oppinoin) and RTX 2060 so I am not a "review reader" I can draw my own conclusions, but if you would like to do some extra testing let me know :P

From a perspective that prefers nVidia significantly??

At least you don't bash AMD for the color of the card or other bullshit. That's a start...

Just because Shiniontv found a site where RTX2060 is overpriced doesn't mean the price difference exists. (ex on amazon.de a better implementation with 3 fans 391 EU, compared with 428 EU from link) I didn't study the "german" market but for sure you can find better deals :)

in Germany, VEGA are regularly on sale, right now the ASUS Strix V64 is 369€ (Mindfactory Mindstar)

The V56 Version is only 279€.

Both ASUS Strix.

Why the hell would you use Amazon?! THe Prices there are usually a bit on the expensive side.

1 hour ago, Bartholomew said:

Last i checked, i was still in the collection named "people"; and efficiency relates to heat and heat relates to noise and theres also power consumption. Therefore (running a silent pc) i care about efficiency.

No, it doesn't. 

You have to look at the Card, the Cooler and not just claim some bullshit to sell someone an nVidia Card.

Because my Sappire Nitro+ Vega 64 is significantly quieter than my Power COlor RX480 Red Devil.

Both are 3 fans.

I wonder if you would say the same thing when its reversed and AMD would be the "more efficient" ones.

And as said, there are ways to reduce the power consumption of VEGA dramatically.

@Stefan - Vega 64 LC is a vega 64 card - stop with the non-sense.

Read carefully (probably you are tired as is late in N. Germany) what I mentioned is that RTX2060 can be found cheaper on Amazon compared with the site mentioned in the link, and also I flagged that that V64 has a very "compelling" price.

I was in this boat when I got my strix 2060. I like the power of the Vega cards, I don’t like how I’d have to actually power them. 

I went with the 2060 and it’s chugging along great at 1080p

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

7 hours ago, rodarkone said:

Just because Shiniontv found a site where RTX2060 is overpriced doesn't mean the price difference exists. (ex on amazon.de a better implementation with 3 fans 391 EU, compared with 428 EU from link) I didn't study the "german" market but for sure you can find better deals :) 

I am going for the top of the line edition of the 2060

13 hours ago, Bartholomew said:

Last i checked, i was still in the collection named "people"; and efficiency relates to heat and heat relates to noise and theres also power consumption. Therefore (running a silent pc) i care about efficiency

Thank you for displaying you dont care about powet consumption, but tye biproducts which can all be mitegated. Something the Nitro+ mitegates really well. 

13 hours ago, Bartholomew said:

Next time link to the ISO standard for gpu function ratings? im curious what the other ranks/features are listed?

Idk, what does RYX cards that GCN cards dont except an Asic to do raytracing and DLSS (worse than just lowering resolution scaling)

It has Cuda support, its that what you are reffering to?

10 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

I was in this boat when I got my strix 2060. I like the power of the Vega cards, I don’t like how I’d have to actually power them. 

I went with the 2060 and it’s chugging along great at 1080p

You need a decent 550 watt or 650 watt powersupply. I dont see the struggles of powering one..... And you should have a decent 550 watt and 650 watt regardless. 

2060 is a nice card, but in the situation for the OP, the Vega 64 will be better to pick up. 

11 hours ago, rodarkone said:

Stefan - Vega 64 LC is a vega 64 card - stop with the non-sense

The chip is the same, but they are seperated for a reason. And the Nitro+ is a better GPU variant of the non-liquid cooled cards. And if i were to doublecheck it would probably be as good as the liquidcooler.

Remember you dont have to deal with pump "hum" and the inherent dissavdantages of liquidcooling. 

5 hours ago, Shiniontv said:

Would pick the top of the line Vega 64 over it. Its cheaper and it performs better than it. Its closer to a 2070 than a 2060.

Dont get me wrong, the 2069 is a really nice card for certain budgets, but there are countries where the Vega 64 is a whole lot nicer to pick up.

18 hours ago, Shiniontv said:

Is it as good as ShadowPlay or better? And does it have the instant replay feature aswell?

Havent seen a comparison between the new ASIC Nvidia Uses and the new AMD uses, so i cant exactly say.

But they both do "on-the-go" stream encoding.

19 hours ago, Shiniontv said:

Also, I use an Intel 9900K, so I don't know if performance will be different

If you have a CPU allready i would recommend waiting for Zen 2 to drop in a short while instead, buying a 9900k atm is not the brightest idea.

Though if you have to and cant wait you can buy it, or buy an R5 2600, a X470 board and drop in a Zen 2 CPU later.

6 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

No, it doesn't. 

You have to look at the Card, the Cooler and not just claim some bullshit to sell someone an nVidia Card

Your point on the cooler is valid, well put. No need to attack using swearwords since i never offered to  sell anybody anything on this forum (remember the other thread where i recommended vega, and in other threads as well).

7 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

I wonder if you would say the same thing when its reversed and AMD would be the "more efficient" ones.

And as said, there are ways to reduce the power consumption of VEGA dramatically.

A couple of things (that seem to be repeating in a lot of threads).

1. To anser the question: actually yes,  i would, to someone who also cares about that. Look a several prev threads and have also recommended vega for different requirements. Not everybody wants or needs or prefers the same.

2. Why, if anybody talks about nvidia, the tone changes to cursewords and questions become about "me" instead of my statements?

3. Why is it that some people seems to think that just because they themselves just love one brand and therefore just think they must hate the other in each post they can, others should think that way as well? Why not pick (or talk about, or recommend) based on requirements or preferences?

And concerning this thread, i think 2060 is closer to v56 than v64, and if op just wants raw power i think v64 is better bet in this case. Personally in this case i would not go for a strix, as ive read to many accounts of serious coil whine with vega strixes.

So again, yes, in this and many other threads, to me, amd is fine just like nvidia can be fine, just like gigabyte, asus or whatevermake and model. Why? Different requirements or preferences. And we dont all "just hate nvidia as a lifestyle" (which anybody can conclude in 5 seconds when looking at some peoples msg history).

3 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

And concerning this thread, i think 2060 is closer to v56 than v64, and if op just wants raw power i think v64 is better bet in this case. Personally in this case i would not go for a strix, as ive read to many accounts of serious coil whine with vega strixes

Kinda why im suggesting spending the extra 20 euro on the best Vega Card variant.

17 hours ago, Shiniontv said:

They are both the ROG Strix OC editions

Vega 64

RTX 2060

They are in Euro, but you can always google it into USD if you will.

Can't go wrong with both tbh. 3 free older games for Vega and 1 new game for 2060.

If you like spending time tweaking to get max performance of your card, get V64. If you don't, get 2060.

Power difference is negligible once you start tweaking. 

Software wise, i prefer AMD over Nvidia. GFE and NVCP kinda shit but you get Nvidia Inspector for Nvidia which offer deeper tweaking compare to GFE/NVCP.

Nvidia card will always be optimize for Unreal engine because Tim suck Jensen deek. If you developing game with Unreal engine or need RTX acceleration for OctaneRender, get 2060.

8GB in Vega64 will become a factor in the future 1

1unless its Unreal engine.

12 hours ago, rodarkone said:

6. Nvidia drivers are updated more often 

Yeah because you need a hotfix for a hotfix for a hotfix for a hotfix for a hotfix for a hotfix..

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Well this turned into a fangirl debate quickly.

IMO take whichever suits your budget and enjoy.

7 minutes ago, 7Hertz said:

Well this turned into a fangirl debate quickly.

IMO take whichever suits your budget and enjoy.

tl;dr the best card.

which is the Vega 64. 

the 2060 is a great card, though the Vega is better, though not allways the better buy. 

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

Thank you for displaying you dont care about powet consumption, but tye biproducts which can all be mitegated. Something the Nitro+ mitegates really well.

Very true :)

(i do care about power, but i assume thats a typo)

It wasnt about the general point but more the formulation using the whole collection of people (as in population earth).

Imagine saying "people just want red cars"; a bit of an overstatement, thats all.

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

dk, what does RYX cards that GCN cards dont except an Asic to do raytracing and DLSS (worse than just lowering resolution scaling)

Thats not what you said. You said "raytracing is mediocre", which is just a function. If raytracing was 0 cost (computing power wise), all cards/games would have it, since it looks more real (regardless of one would ever notice it in play, im not claiming that) and since it looks "more real / accurate"; various partys and engine are in the race to get it.

Thats a completely different topic than the pros and cons of rtx acceleration or even dlss which totally unrelated.

If op doest care about it, its (raytracing, regardless of rtx or amd or nvidia, hw or software), raytracing is "useless", if op wants it its "great", if op doesnt care its indeed "mediocre". But just broadly stating that, regardless of cost, brand, technology etc. Etc a function is "mediocre" makes no sense.

If wanting to relate it to rtx, since currently rtx is the only hw acceleration available, rtx is "the best" (no matter how slow, pricy or whatever it is). The 2060 being the lowest rtx carrying card, makes it "the worst" ? neither of which are mediocre ? (this is all more "tongue in cheek", so dont take too seriously) ;)

Good job btw providing op with more insights / angles / info :) hopefully whatever will be bought will be enjoyed like any new card should :)

13 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

If wanting to relate it to rtx, since currently rtx is the only hw acceleration available, rtx is "the best" (no matter how slow, pricy or whatever it is).

actually last time i checked there is a powerpc ASIC that does raytracing really well. though that isnt consumerfacing. 

14 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

You said "raytracing is mediocre", which is just a function.

im specificly reffering to the ammount of implementation it has. and the performance drop from it. DLSS is just not good at all. Raytracing is fine, DLSS is just not ever worth it. 

for the time being, i wouldnt bother paying for raytracing. hardware isnt ready yet. 

Your point on the cooler is valid, well put. No need to attack using swearwords since i never offered to  sell anybody anything on this forum (remember the other thread where i recommended vega, and in other threads as well).

Sorry, just a bit annoyed about the FUD from the other side, don't take it personally.

Its just annoying to always read some shit people made up to sell them on "their" products. Or the stuff they own.

In general, I don't think there is a necessary correlation between power consumption and noise, because the quality and performance of the cooler coming with the Card is not the same. With higher end Products like VEGA or similar on the other side, you have more money for a better cooler that improves the Performance dramatically.

With cheaper cards you don't have the money (or the space) for a really good heatsink and thus they can be louder despite your intuition telling you otherwise.

1. To anser the question: actually yes,  i would, to someone who also cares about that. Look a several prev threads and have also recommended vega for different requirements. Not everybody wants or needs or prefers the same.

Ah, good. Wasn't aware of the other threads.

Might have mistaken you for someone else who was claiming something about AMD that's just not true.

So again, yes, in this and many other threads, to me, amd is fine just like nvidia can be fine, just like gigabyte, asus or whatevermake and model. Why?

Ah good to hear.

But I disagree on the latter part.

Personally I'd rather avoid Gigabyte for AMD Products, at least Graphics Cards.

Motherboards might be less bad but some manufacturers don't really care about AMD Products for whatever reason...

16 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

actually last time i checked there is a powerpc ASIC that does raytracing really well. though that isnt consumerfacing. 

im specificly reffering to the ammount of implementation it has. and the performance drop from it. DLSS is just not good at all. Raytracing is fine, DLSS is just not ever worth it. 

for the time being, i wouldnt bother paying for raytracing. hardware isnt ready yet. 

Cool, didnt know about the asic thing :) thanks for sharing; good to here theres more movement in tech on that front.

and point taken, esp on the performance hit. Me being an old fart (first computer had 3kb memory)  am wowed by the possibility of rt rays and think its exciting in general but definatly "we need more power captain" ? (whitout the 2080ti pricing, ouch). I remember waiting for hours, even days for povray to finish on the command line just to render 2 or 3 reflective spheres ?.

Im hoping amd will wow us on all fronts, including rays, with navi, i think they can do it, but for now well have to wait and see.

and dlss, update a few weeks ago made it sharper, but indeed i dont think, for its current purpose it will ever be worth it due to the better/cheaper/faster/more generic alternatives available now or later, like indeed just scaling in any form.

i wonder why they dont just leave it off and use space/cost for extra rtx units, as that would basically remove the need to compensate so much in the first place ?). Perhaps to offer somethjng for the ML crowd, but im clueless in that area so i dunno...

3 hours ago, Shiniontv said:

Why??

9 hours ago, rodarkone said:

@Stefan - Vega 64 LC is a vega 64 card - stop with the non-sense.

They are seperate SKUs.

So no, Vega 64 Liquid is Vega 64 Liquid.

Vega 64 is Vega 64.

They "only" use the same Chip but the Power settings and frequency are different.

You wouldn't say that RX480, 580 and 590 are the same, would you?

Read carefully what I mentioned is that RTX2060 can be found cheaper on Amazon compared with the site mentioned in the link, and also I flagged that that V64 has a very "compelling" price.

Yes and the Vega 64 can be found even cheaper on Mindfactory??

That doesn't change the fact that some of your points make no sense, especially the driverthing is just nonsense.

The thing is that you read about more serious shit on the nVidia side in recent month than on AMD Side. For example sudden crashes for no reason with certain cards.

You can go to steam and look at the latest Userreviews of Wildlands, where many people are reporting crashing with nVidia Cards when opening the inventory.

everywhere it doesn't mean is true 

Why call people who disagree with you names, when they shown that some of your statements make little sense??

6 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Sorry, just a bit annoyed about the FUD from the other side, don't take it personally.

Its just annoying to always read some shit people made up to sell them on "their" products. Or the stuff they own.

Gotcha, no problem.

And i know what you mean; ive learned not to "just always recommend what i own", like i said, diff people, diff requirements,

and boy did i buy/own a load of crap in the past that i wouldnt recommend to anyone (me, recalling some old offbrand nvidia based card in the early days, like 20+ years ago, still being young and tempramentfull, litterarly throwing it out the window ??; replaced it with amd card so i could finally play my then fav game stable without driver crashes).

23 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Ah good to hear.

But I disagree on the latter part.

Personally I'd rather avoid Gigabyte for AMD Products, at least Graphics Cards.

Motherboards might be less bad but some manufacturers don't really care about AMD Products for whatever reason...

Agreed, was basically just picking random names, didnt mean to imply recommendation in relation to this thread, my bad.

And oof mobos have become a swamp of deception so it seems i recently read up on ?... where are the good old days where you could rely on asus being - pricing aside - a safe bet if youre not a technician being able to analyze whats actually on there. Now ill have to revert to the vrm tier lists and forum here cause ill need a lot of help picking when the time comes ?).

@Stefan did anybody told you that you sound like a broken record ? 

You remove things from context and create your own interpretation based on personal narrow view, I own a Vega 64 and I am fully aware of the performance and capabilities, I flagged all the different types of issues a user can encounter with both the cards (V64 or RTX2060), the fact that I mentioned Nvidia is more eager to throw on the market new and updated drivers doesn't necceseraly means that those will be more amazing or better (apparently how you perceived) than AMD who often forgets that you updated drivers (we can also find a lot of horror stories here). 

In current situation, the Vega 64 has a very good price, it is a good card, not an amazing card - is just decent or you can call it average, but is good especially for the low price point.

There are tho' other factors that can impact the experience, especially for a user who is comes on a forum asking for help, you need to stop beeing subjective and help the guy take the right decision for him, not for you. 

I don't want to discuss about AMD strategy of naming cards, which is extremely deceiving for consumers but doesn't represent the subject of this topic.

1 hour ago, rodarkone said:

@Stefan

Could you stop the ad hominems?!
Why are you so angry that I disagree with what you say?!

I own a Vega 64

Yes, and?!
Why the hate?

I could say also mean things that you got it but never wanted it.

Why not say something about the VRAM or the HBCC??

Or something else that's POSITIVE on the AMD side.

the fact that I mentioned Nvidia is more eager to throw on the market new and updated drivers

Oh, what about this issue?!

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1976517-Gamebreaking-Bug-for-RTX-20xx-Users-Cannot-Access-Inventory-Without-Crash-To-Desktop

December 2018, people in that Thread talk about the Issue existing since September and all Turing Cards are affected, not just RTX..

And you know when it was fixed? NEVER as of 20/04/2019, the issue still is NOT fixed! (on Turing Cards)

AMD does have some problems here and there but not something THAT MASSIVE in recent times. I experienced some Problems in one of the last drivers (IIRC some 19.2 one) in Assasin's Creed Black Flag...

The Claim that more drivers = more better is also not valid or proves anything.

All it says is that one does more drivers - but nothing about WHY!

And that's not the least important.

And there was also the 3rd Party Audit that shows that the AMD Drivers were better/more stable in that case:

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/third-party-audit-reveals-amd-drivers-are-the-most-stable-gamers.html

In the end, both have Problem.

Claiming either one of them is the best or has an edge is just wrong. 

Both have some Problems here and there, some are serious, some are not so serious. Some are fixed quickly and, in case of Wildlands, take Months to fix - like the TressFX stuff back in the day, when Tomb Raider released. It took nVidia also 3-6 Months to fix that.

Or what about the "mishap" in Witcher 3 that caused a Shitstorm because the GTX 960 was faster or as fast as the GTX 780??

doesn't necceseraly means that those will be more amazing or better (apparently how you perceived) than AMD who often forgets that you updated drivers (we can also find a lot of horror stories here). 

Could we stop this driver bullshit nonsense?!
That doesn't prove anything.

BOTH have Problems, neither one is really that much better!

In current situation, the Vega 64 has a very good price, it is a good card, not an amazing card - is just decent or you can call it average, but is good especially for the low price point.

For that Price or because of that Price its a rather good card.

I don't get why you are so angry about that.

The thing is that some things you were saying aren't right and make no sense.

For example the "nVidia does Drivers more often" stuff.

Yes, and?? 

You can also argue that they NEED more drivers because they mess more stuff up. So now what?!

Thing is:
IF a driver would be perfect, there is no need to release another one.

You only do that because you can do something better with the new driver or because you have to fix something that wasn't in the driver before.

I don't want to discuss about AMD strategy of naming cards, which is extremely deceiving for consumers but doesn't represent the subject of this topic.

...yeah as if nVidia is any better in that regard...

Especially the 16xx Series seems to enrage Linus on a regular basis. Or some other shit they pulled.

And since you asked:

What about the GTX 660(ti) with 192bit Memory Interface and uneven 2GiB VRAM (wich should either be 1536MiB or 3072 MiB). 

What about the GTX 970 with the castrated Memory Controller that got its Cache deactivated so that only 3,5GiB were usable and for the other 512MiB the Cache had to be flushed, wich caused some serious Performance Issues.

Anyway, I don't see a reason to get the nVidia or defend nVidia here at all or get riled up because someone disagreed with you and said that some of the things you said didn't make too much sense...

9 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

If you have a CPU allready i would recommend waiting for Zen 2 to drop in a short while instead, buying a 9900k atm is not the brightest idea.

Though if you have to and cant wait you can buy it, or buy an R5 2600, a X470 board and drop in a Zen 2 CPU later.

I bought the 9900K in January... :D

1 minute ago, Shiniontv said:

I bought the 9900K in January... :D

oh well, i hope for no buyers remorse when Zen 2 drops. 

also which GPU you picking up? im hoping the better of the two options

5 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

also which GPU you picking up? im hoping the better of the two options

I like both cards, I don't know how to undervolt and I just want a card that looks nice, but also performs nice. I want one that pretty much all I have to do is update the drivers and then it will be fine. The one I'm gonna buy is gonna last me some years, so I want one that performs well a few years from now.

6 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

What's no buyers remorse?

Just now, Shiniontv said:

What's no buyers remorse?

its when you regret buying something before discovering something you would have wanted instead or something comming out shortly after that you would have bought instead. 

2 minutes ago, Shiniontv said:

I like both cards, I don't know how to undervolt and I just want a card that looks nice, but also performs nice. I want one that pretty much all I have to do is update the drivers and then it will be fine. The one I'm gonna buy is gonna last me some years, so I want one that performs well a few years from now.

undervolting can be a 1 click thing in Radeon Software. other that that drivers wise they should be similar. 

the Vega will be faster and come with better software, its also a physically more impressive card as its quite large and beefy. (the Nitro+ that is). 

the RTX 2060 has one worthwhile feature being Raytracing, but honestly hardware hasnt matured enough for that to be a worthwhile investment. 

id go for the Vega 64 Nitro+ and im sure it wont dissapoint. not today, not tomorrow or anyday. the extra 2GB of Vram will make sure it keeps going beyond what a 6GB card would have been able to do. 

4GB is not considered enough today, and the next step on the choppingblock would be 6GB of Vram.