One screen being curved in a dual screen setup - recommended?

steffeeh

Long story short, I'm currently looking to change one of my screens to a higher tier one that is larger (27" instead of my current 24") and has a higher resolution, but where I live a curved panel seem to be cheaper than a flat one with the more or less equivalent specs, so I'm considering that as an option to save some cash.

However my current setup are 2 screens that are a symmetrically placed (i.e their inner edges are right in front of me), can't move one too much to one side or it will cover one of my studio speakers.

Would it look weird and annoying to have a curved panel that is slightly to the side with a flat one beside it? I could move the curved screen slightly towards the middle of my viewing angle and push the smaller flat screen a little bit to the side before it covers one of the speakers, but I would still have to look a little towards one direction to focus on the curved screen.

Should you only have a curved screen right in front of you, or could this work?

A flat panel with similar specs would cost like an additional $120.

Asus X99-A w/ BIOS 3402 | Intel i7 5820k OC @4.4GHz 1.28V w/ Noctua NH-U14S | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 OC @2666MHz 12-14-14-28 | Asus Geforce GTX970 STRIX OC | EVGA 750 G2 750W | Samsung 850 Evo 1 TB | Windows 10 64-bit | Be-Quiet Silent Base 800 w/ Silent Wings | 2x Dell U2414H OC @72Hz w/ Display Port

Don't forget to invest in an Intel Tuning Plan if you're going to overvolt your K/X CPU

@steffeeh Not really. You'll notice the curve for about 30 minutes then forget it's there. You'll end up wanting to angle the setup a little so it's smooth moving between them, however.

5 hours ago, steffeeh said:

Should you only have a curved screen right in front of you, or could this work?

I've had dual monitors before w/ curved in the middle & flat to the right side. Honestly, what @Taf the Ghost said about it being for 30 minutes is true. Just, to the right or left side of you, it might be a little weird. I'm not 100% sure though. Curved is suppose to have better viewing angle from any angle but the back side. (duh) I think you'll be okay, but I would spend the extra $120 if you want your setup to look the best. 
Quick note, flat screen is brighter.