Will I like DayZ Standalone if....

ManOfDisguise

So I've been playing Rust this week and its pretty fun w friends but I pretty much always play alone. But I guess the whole crafting system is not my thing. I like dayz much more for the looting system where you can just find a weapon instead of finding materials and then crafting it like in Rust. I guess I like simplicity more over complexity.

Will I like dayz? How hard is it to find a weapon and some ammo? How many more dicks are there in dayz compared to Rust?(cuz Rust has a LOT)

The thing is I actually like the whole, find stuff, fight players kind of gameplay DayZ has over the whole crafting/building bases. Also how is the learning curve in DayZ compared to Rust?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

If you want to try dayz mod first which is a good idea get the Bohemia deal off humble bundle weekly sale for $6 :D I definitely think its better than Rust and there is a small amount of crafting in the dayz standalone, the looting system is scarce as loot only re spawns right now when the server has restarted but rocket is adding in the feature for stuff to re spawn on its own

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 4670K  4.5 GHz  | CPU COOLER: H80i | GPU:EVGA GTX 780Ti  |  Motherboard: MSI Z87I   |  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy  |  RAM: 8GB Avexir Venom  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB , 60GB Agility 3  Monitor: 32" HD TV (LOL)   PSU: Corsair 750W

Not even gonna lie, almost everyone on DayZ is a meanie. (yes i said meanie). but really, DayZ is fun when you're playing with friends and just killing bandits. Once in a while a new spawn will attempt to knock you out and take your stuff, but other than that its a 10/10 game imo

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

So the standalone game, still has only 4 weapons which you can find almost everywhere, but they are super rare.

I never played Rust, but in DayZ it is always the same map so you can pretty much memoryze the map.

That part makes the whole thing very interesting, because you kind of live in a second world, and you can learn to know

every part of the map (well not every part, cause its fucking big).
The bad thing about this is that there are some big places on the map where you almost always find another player

who most likely will just kill you instantly (sadly).

For example the two big cities, where it is hard to find the camper because there are too many houses.
Obviously you are one or two shot by every weapon, which makes surviving without killing yourself very hard.

You are just too scared to get killed and lose all your stuff, that you kill the one who appears in front of you.

The learning curve is not too heavy, because the content is still very small.

I recommend trying the DayZ-mod first. It will probably cost a bit less and the content is so much greater.

i also heard dayz will have more crafting added to it. i hope it doesnt turn into something like rust and go big on the crafting. 

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

DayZ will get boring pretty quickly. Not worth it IMO. 

Too bad PC isn't getting any of those super sweet Q1 console exclusives. 

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

i also heard dayz will have more crafting added to it. i hope it doesnt turn into something like rust and go big on the crafting. 

There already parts in the game, where you need to find more than one part to use the whole device.

For example gas lamps. You need the head and a portable gas tank.

You just drag them onto each other.

And another point: the standalone version is really really alpha-ish.

Very unconsistent if you ask me. And the servers are laggy as fuck.

still a great game :D

There already parts in the game, where you need to find more than one part to use the whole device.

For example gas lamps. You need the head and a portable gas tank.

You just drag them onto each other.

And another point: the standalone version is really really alpha-ish.

Very unconsistent if you ask me. And the servers are laggy as fuck.

still a great game :D

but there is no crafting required to obtain the more important stuff like weapons, clothes/armor right?

Specs of my PC:

but there is no crafting required to obtain the more important stuff like weapons, clothes/armor right?

Not really. Weapons do have different parts, though. Like scopes, handles, magazines and such things.

I think it is not yet implemented completely, but every item in the game is differently hard damaged.

If a scope is "badly damaged" for example, you can't see shit through it, because there are severel cracks on the lense.

If it is "ruined" you can't use it. You can't repair items yet, but I think it will come in the future.

Besides finding ammo, you also need to find magazines for some weapons (M4A1 and the 9mm weapon).

You can't use them, if they are "ruined" either.

And you kind of need to go to the same places over and over again to find the important stuff.

That would be mostly the two airstrips, which are very dangerous.

Another problem is, that if you are fully equipped, there is nothing you can do atm.

You can either go into the big cities and try to kill other ppl, or you just wonder around trying to find friends (which is hard).

There is no endgame at the moment.

Like I said, there is not much into the game yet. It is a very early alpha version, which sadly costs the whole price.

I'd like it to be more like Minecraft in terms of pricing: 10$ in alpha, 15$ in beta, and 20$ for the final version.

Not really. Weapons do have different parts, though. Like scopes, handles, magazines and such things.

I think it is not yet implemented completely, but every item in the game is differently hard damaged.

If a scope is "badly damaged" for example, you can't see shit through it, because there are severel cracks on the lense.

If it is "ruined" you can't use it. You can't repair items yet, but I think it will come in the future.

Besides finding ammo, you also need to find magazines for some weapons (M4A1 and the 9mm weapon).

You can't use them, if they are "ruined" either.

And you kind of need to go to the same places over and over again to find the important stuff.

That would be mostly the two airstrips, which are very dangerous.

Another problem is, that if you are fully equipped, there is nothing you can do atm.

You can either go into the big cities and try to kill other ppl, or you just wonder around trying to find friends (which is hard).

There is no endgame at the moment.

Like I said, there is not much into the game yet. It is a very early alpha version, which sadly costs the whole price.

I'd like it to be more like Minecraft in terms of pricing: 10$ in alpha, 15$ in beta, and 20$ for the final version.

Is there even an endgame for these survival games? The whole point is to just survive as long as possible no?

Specs of my PC:

Is there even an endgame for these survival games? The whole point is to just survive as long as possible no?

Yes, but the possible things you can do are very limited.

There are no hard tasks which you can or have to do.

Just run around find stuff and then you fall into a hole.

Surviving is easy, if you just search for a small village collect all food, sit next to a well to have unlimited 

water. There are no vehicles you can find. You cant build stuff. You just run around with full equip until some random ass murders you.

Yes, but the possible things you can do are very limited.

There are no hard tasks which you can or have to do.

Just run around find stuff and then you fall into a hole.

Surviving is easy, if you just search for a small village collect all food, sit next to a well to have unlimited 

water. There are no vehicles you can find. You cant build stuff. You just run around with full equip until some random ass murders you.

vehicles should be in later, i wouldnt want dayz to become like rust w the building that would just be copying imo

Specs of my PC:

vehicles should be in later, i wouldnt want dayz to become like rust w the building that would just be copying imo

Well.. DayZ came before Rust, but that doesn't matter.

I think in the DayZ mod you can build like small bases.

But I don't know how that works, cause I just started playing the standalone.

I recommend: Get your hands on the mod and wait until DayZ-standalone is in beta or something.

In my opinion it is not worth yet.

for the most part the mod is full of dicks but the standalone is nice i have meet lots of people and every one has been friendly unlike mod

Aselwyn1

Well.. DayZ came before Rust, but that doesn't matter.

I think in the DayZ mod you can build like small bases.

But I don't know how that works, cause I just started playing the standalone.

I recommend: Get your hands on the mod and wait until DayZ-standalone is in beta or something.

In my opinion it is not worth yet.

Your talking about Epoch correct? Its a fantastic modded version of the DayZ Mod. I find im still playing more DayZ Epoch then standalone only because standalone still has too many bugs to play with at the moment. 

Intel Core i7 4770K | Gigabyte R9 290 OC 4GB Windforce Edition | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming Mobo

Noctua NF-S12A FLX 120 + 140mm Fans | Corsair H100i CPU Cooler | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | BitFenix Ghost Case

Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM-850 PSU | G. Skill Sniper 16GB (4x4GB) | AOC G2460PQU 144Hz Monitor

the latest update to the standalone has made gun spawning much rarer.

I never thought i'd say this about the standalone, but its too hard and very little enjoyment in its current state.

I'd rather play the mod with friends than run around for a couple hours, not find anything meaninful and die of hunger/thirst than get shot by other players, or even killed by zombies.

I think that DayZ has gone in a direction that doesnt interest me, yes make it about survival but dont make everything so hard to find it becomes a searching/ultra running simulator.

Oh and one thing, not have sidechat annoys the hell out of me, and being thirsty/hungry immediately as a fresh spawn

Its taken this long to get to this point, god knows how long it will take to improve(in my view)

Stick to the mod and the other maps, you will get far more enjoyment out of it

edit: couple of links

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/21561/20140120/dayz-standalone-update-adds-shotguns-reduces-firearm.htm

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/dayzs-combat-logging-soon-to-be-a-thing-of-the-past/

this link annoys me

http://www.incgamers.com/2014/01/dayz-standalones-dean-hall-answers-questions

under the heading "On weapon spawning"

Once improvised weapons, bow and arrow, throwing items is in – we will dramatically turn down military style weapons spawn rate. They will be incredibly rare.

Guns are already super facking rare, and the latest patch has made them even more so

military weapons????, aint nothing in yet

its frustrating as hell, me and 6 friends who play the mod/maps reguarly, have all but given up on the SA,

seeing as Dean signed over all rights etc to the SA to bohemia, i dunno......They have more control now, how long they want to keep adding stuff to it, i read something like this in an article, b ut cant find it atm

New content after release?

“Yes. There will be content updates and such for DayZ for a long time, I believe. However that would be up to Bohemia for the most part. I’m not sure I would (not want to) be super involved with that.”

Looking for a job

DayZ is full of dicks to be honest. Way more than Rust.

But with Rust, dicks are a feature

I hated the DayZ standalone. You cannot even look around with the mouse without the sensitivity fluctuating so I cant even start playing the game.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro