Recommend me two Headphones

Hey, I think about getting a new pair of headphones but i can't really decide which route i should go. To begin with, here's some background. I currently own the Sennheiser PX 360 BT, they have a good sound and nice overall quality but i am searching for an upgrade, audio quality wise. I want some strong headphones which will give me the 'wow effect' when comparing them to the sennheisers. basically just a big step up.

I ofc play games with them and i listen to a lot of Drum&Bass music, some House, Rap, a little Dubstep but also to Heavy metal and similar stuff. What i miss a bit with the sennheisers is, overall just strong audio quality. I want fine highs, clear mids and a rich bass. latter one isn't a strengh of the Sennheisers.

On the other hand i like them to be portable. So tilting ear cups would be nice but not mandatory. A nice carriing case would be good. I'd buy one if there are aftermarket ones.

My budget is 200€ but I'd bump up if there are extremley good headphones for, say 250€. I ofc looked at the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, but I'd just like to hear your guys' recommendations. Important: they have to be Closed headphones. (active noise cancellation would be nice, but not mandatory).

Now to the second pair of headphones. This is just for fun, so no budget on these. I'd like to know if there are really good Bluetooth headphones, so in theory a good direct upgrade to my Sennehisers. The audio quality suffers from bluetooth, i notice that already, but I'd just like to see the options out there. I can't find that many BT headphones myself, maybe you know a good pair.

Both headphones Must work with my PC's soundchip Impedance-wise (MSI Z87 GD-65 Gaming) and they should work with my Nexus 4, however i think about getting a mobile AMP in the distant future.

Phew... thanks for reading. :P

who cares...

Upgrading from a 180€ to a 200€ headphones isn't going to blow your mind dog. But for 250€ ish you can get the Sony MDR-1RNC they are quite nice. 

Upgrading from a 180€ to a 200€ headphones isn't going to blow your mind dog. But for 250€ ish you can get the Sony MDR-1RNC they are quite nice. 

You pay a lot for bluetooth with the PX 360 BT. They cost 150€ when i got them. The equivalent without bluetooth costs 80€.

Edit: comparing prices to my current headphones doesn't make sense to begin with. Headphones don't really have performance/$ like other hardware has. The PX 360 BT are strict mobile headphones. They're made to be compact and compatible with smartphones. They have a good sound but that's not the main point of these. What i want is something where the first 5 priorities are sound, then comes the rest.

who cares...

the hd598's are pretty great for the price, or you can get the hd558's and mod them to sound kinda similar.

they sound pretty bright and "happy".

they lack some of the bass impact but have the open sound.

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

the hd598's are pretty great for the price, or you can get the hd558's and mod them to sound kinda similar.

they sound pretty bright and "happy".

they lack some of the bass impact but have the open sound.

Lack of bass and open sound are not really what i am searching for. I have looked at Sennheisers line up but i don't think that they have a compelling option in my price point.

My dad actually had some Sennheisers some time ago which looked like the 598s. They sound in deed very good but bass was weak and i really want closed headphones. ;)

who cares...

Lack of bass and open sound are not really what i am searching for. I have looked at Sennheisers line up but i don't think that they have a compelling option in my price point.

My dad actually had some Sennheisers some time ago which looked like the 598s. They sound in deed very good but bass was weak and i really want closed headphones. ;)

the lack of bass is why im getting hifiman he-400's next month,

but those are waaaaay out of your price range.

also i cant really recommend any closed headphones because im more of a open headphone guy and havent listened to many of closed ones.

i suggest going to nearest Hi-Fi store and listening to what they have to offer.

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

the lack of bass is why im getting hifiman he-400's next month,

but those are waaaaay out of your price range.

also i cant really recommend any closed headphones because im more of a open headphone guy and havent listened to many of closed ones.

i suggest going to nearest Hi-Fi store and listening to what they have to offer.

200€ is what i could scratch together right now. I have my birthday coming up so i could probably bump up to sth. more expensive, but you know... i am getting old, i don't want to rely on my parents so much anymore. :D

The local hi-fi stores usually have Sennheiser HD 598s, The complete lineup of beats headphones, some skullcandy and headphones for 800+€ :D But i haven't looked for a while, so i could go and see, once i find time to. :D

who cares...

http://www.thomann.de/de/akg_k550.htm The K550's are, as far as I've heard, quite nice closed headphones. They have a nice bass, and the mids and highs are designed to sound like an open headphone. There is an Innerfidelity review if you want it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYQ_PPvD9Bk but these might not be as good for people with small heads.

Then there's the Shure SRH440 with 840 pads (I recently got these and can't stop raving about them) which are "monitoring headphones", with a slight warm tilt, an accurate bass, that if you want it to (EQ) will slap you across the mouth, but still retains nice tone. The mids are very nice,  also very accurate. Some people have called them harsh, but to my ears they're clear as my mothers windows, and the highs are very present, and also very clear. love these things. If you don't wanna bother with the changing of pads, you could go straight for the SRH840's. They don't have ANC, but they isolate nicely.

I would also recommend Beyerdynamic DT770 250 ohm, considering your motherboards have those not-needed 600 ohm headphone amps, which probably has a 10 ohm or higher output impedance, in which case higher impedance headphones are better, as low impedance might get their bass destroyed by the output impedance (what I've heard at least). but the DT770's don't have that good mids and highs, as far as I've heard.

inb4 M50 recommendations: they're so uncomfy..

for your phone: I know MKBHD likes his Jaybird Bluebuds, which are bluetooth. and I love my JBL J33's.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros

As you said

Or DT 990s

- Intel i7 3770|Noctua NH-D14 -Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H -8GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 -Evga Sc Signature 2 GTX 680 -Fractal Define R4 -2TB WD Black Caviar -120GB Samsung 840 Pro -Cosair TX 650Watt -Benq XL2420T -CM Storm Quickfire TK -Zowie Ec1 Evo -Fiio E10 -

Audio Technica Ath-AD700x

snip.

Wow, thanks for all the recommendations, I'll definitley check out some reviews of these.

Could you also recommend some headphones that would stretch my budget but would therefor be better than the ones that you recommended? like 220€-ish, maybe 250?

who cares...

Wow, thanks for all the recommendations, I'll definitley check out some reviews of these.

Could you also recommend some headphones that would stretch my budget but would therefor be better than the ones that you recommended? like 220€-ish, maybe 250?

In all honesty, I can't really say much more. Most of the really high-end headphones I know of are open, and usually when you go over like 300 usd or something like that, headphones usually don't get better judging by price to performance, unless you're really picky.

These ones though. ShearMe has a review. But I think they're open.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50