Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware. PLEASE help

kingweezel

I built my computer a few years ago and recently ive been having a lot of problems with my computer crashing/ freezing. I have 16 gigs of ram, water-cooled 980, and a water-cooled 6600k. Over the past few months ive been getting crashes in games and it says "Application (some game) has been blocked from accessing graphics". Yesterday I thought it would help to clean up my computer and do a fresh install of windows. I used asus secure erase to wipe both of my ssds (samsung pro 128gn and 500gb). I updated windows, my drivers, installed steam, discord, asus gpu tweak, and icue. I was looking forward to playing bl2 but soon realized my computer still has a crashing issue. Today ive crashed at least 50 times in a 5 hour gaming session. It started off with my primary monitor going black, followed by my second then they would both reappear and sometimes I would be able to get bl2 to reopen but sometimes i needed to force close it or even restart my pc. After happening about 8 times my computer started to block applications from accessing graphics hardware. It started off slowly with bl2 being blocked about twice an hour. In the last hour the problem has progressed immensely! I crashed about 30 times in the last hour and every time my whole computer freezes and doesn't allow me to do anything but i can still hear the game audio and discord(I can still talk to my friends sometimes but everything would be frozen). My computer has went from blocking just the game to everything on my pc it seems like. Ive spent around 30 hours in the last 3 months trying to fix the issue with no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

20190414_201114.jpg

20190414_201119.jpg

Have you tried reinstalling Windows? It's a good step.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

not sure if this is the case, 

you need to manual install directx / visual c++ (all versions  x64 & x86 all way back to 2012...)

I reinstalled windows on my wiped ssds and it seemed to of made the problem worse as my computer is not not allowing Microsoft windows to access graphics hardware as well as most other applications on my pc

Just now, kingweezel said:

I reinstalled windows on my wiped ssds and it seemed to of made the problem worse as my computer is not not allowing Microsoft windows to access graphics hardware as well as most other applications on my pc

What power supply do you have?

Please quote when you're replying, so we get a notification.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Here's a registry entry for a fix I found online. It might work.
A file is attached in this comment below.

1. Download the .reg file.
2. Opening the file gives you a prompt. Click Yes on subsequent dialogs and Click OK in the last dialog.
3. Restart your system.

Attachment:

AccessGraphicsHardwareFix.reg

1 hour ago, LienusLateTips said:

What power supply do you have?

Please quote when you're replying, so we get a notification.

Sorry about that, I have a EVGA Supernova 750 G2, 80+ Gold 750W