Wierdly fluctuating fps, low cpu/ gpu usage

So, I am expieriencing wierd fps when gaming. For example, when I Play fortnite i get to 180fps easily, but it also easily Drops down to under 10 to 4fps when in Lobby, turning quickly etc. It also Kind of feels like my pc is Kind of stuck and when I Play i Need to get him going cause the first round it almost explodes and i have 4 to 100 fps (a diagram should look like Draculas teeth). After a few rounds it gets more stable, almost likei have to pull my pc out of sand or sth. but when i played a few rounds, it still fluctuates, just not that hard anymore. And for a competetive game/ Player i really Need consistant fps. (Not only fortnite, also tried bf1 and same, and minecraft where i am roughly getting 140 fps with a 128x128 texture pack and small shader wich shouldnt bee that low with my Setup)!

I have already tried several Things:

1. I installed all new Drivers and stuff

2. I tried Software related Things off YouTube (fps fluctuating, low cpu/ gpu usage, etc but it all was basically optimize game, lower graphics, power plan to high, but i dont htink such Things can make that huge of a difference)

3. I upgraded my Hardware (from 1050ti to 1070oc, as this didnt help i upgraded from Intel Pentium g4560 to ryzen5 1600x aaaand my Mainboard from asrock h110m to asrock fatal1ty gaming x x370)

4. I checked the temps of my Hardware (cpu 40, gpu 40- 60°C)

Sidenote: My usage while playing fortnite is cpu 40 to 50% and gpu constant 40%. Ram is around 6gb

Setup:

• Ryzen 5 1600x (not oc)
  • GTX 1070oc (bought oc)
  • Asrock fatal1ty x370 gaming x
  • 8gb ddr4 RAM (i bought 2400mhz but in cpuid cpu-z it Shows 3200mhz)

Update: i just played mc without any mods etc. and am now gettig 30 to 60 fps and 4 - 8% usage on cpu gpu wtf

Update2: I have noticed when my fps drop my gpu usage Drops as well 

22 minutes ago, MaxMVO said:

Setup:

• Ryzen 5 1600x (not oc)
  • GTX 1070oc (bought oc)
  • Asrock fatal1ty x370 gaming x
  • 8gb ddr4 RAM (i bought 2400mhz but in cpuid cpu-z it Shows 3200mhz) 

You sure it says 3200Mhz? that's weird, and is that a single stick of RAM?

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

2 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

You sure it says 3200Mhz? that's weird, and is that a single stick of RAM?

Ist two 4 gb and nvm i just updated the Software and now it Shows 2400 and i run them dual channel (2 and 4 Slot)

1 minute ago, MaxMVO said:

Ist two 4 gb and nvm i just updated the Software and now it Shows 2400 and i run them dual channel (2 and 4 Slot)

Seems like lots of people are having the same problem with fortnite, what about the other games?

2 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Seems like lots of people are having the same problem with fortnite, what about the other games?

yep as i wrote minecraft

3 minutes ago, MaxMVO said:

yep as i wrote minecraft

I mean what happens with them?

Just now, _Syn_ said:

I mean what happens with them?

as i wrote as well, fps fluctate from 180 to 4

2 hours ago, MaxMVO said:

here ya go

speedtest ltt.jpg

What games do you own that you can play offline? And what platform are they on? Your internet could be your issue. Try to play a graphic demanding game offline and let me know your fps in that game.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

What games do you own that you can play offline? And what platform are they on? Your internet could be your issue. Try to play a graphic demanding game offline and let me know your fps in that game. 

How does my Internet influence my fps in any way?

Internet is like ping and Response time?

4 minutes ago, MaxMVO said:

How does my Internet influence my fps in any way? Internet is like ping and Response time?

This is what I'm trying to determine. You are experiencing fluctuating fps in an online game. Play a high demanding game offline to see if your issue is your internet.

What other games do you have and what platform are they on?

15 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

in minecraft i have constant 150 fps but that may just be the game?

I am trying gmod as well

5 minutes ago, MaxMVO said:

in minecraft i have constant 150 fps but that may just be the game?

What other games do you have and what platform are they on? List as many games that you have as you can.

Just now, Dr. Historic Low said:

What other games do you have and what platform are they on? List as many games that you have as you can.

ok

6 minutes ago, MaxMVO said:

ok

7 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

in gmod constant 300

i dont have any other games to try (especially with high graphical/ cpu demand) but i am downloading Monster hunter world rn. I'll let you know my results. Thanks for your help so far

15 minutes ago, MaxMVO said:

in gmod constant 300

Okay, it seems your issue is with certain games. Which should be a good thing.

What is the resolution and how many Hz is your monitor?

What are your current graphic settings in Fortnite?

And you mentioned you play Battlefield 1. What are your current graphic settings in Battlefield 1?

If you could provide a screenshot for both of these games, that would be perfect. Be sure to show basic and advanced graphic settings in BF1.

45 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Okay, it seems your issue is with certain games. Which should be a good thing. 

What is the resolution and how many Hz is your monitor?

What are your current graphic settings in Fortnite?

And you mentioned you play Battlefield 1. What are your current graphic settings in Battlefield 1?

If you could provide a screenshot for both of these games, that would be perfect. Be sure to show basic and advanced graphic settings in BF1.

72hz 1920x1080

fortnite:

viewing distance epic

shadows off

aa medium

textures medium

effects low

pp low

and bf is basically on medium to lo as well. For some reason i cant Play bf1 rn because if i go into a game the application crashes and theres a error message saying smth is wrong with my ram or some shit (i cant send a screen cause once i clicked it away it never came back, just crash)

1 hour ago, MaxMVO said:

-snip-

Your graphic settings are fine. Your internet has a lot to do with what is going on with your fps in Fortnite. Your ping is higher than ideal and your download/upload speed is much lower than ideal. And the more people in the lobby/game, the more your fps is going to fluctuate as a result of your internet. This is how it is with everyone but with your internet, your fps is going to fluctuate even more because it is not ideal. In BF1, and a lot of other high demanding titles, 16GB of RAM is recommended. Plus higher internet speeds and lower ping.

The first thing you want to do is pay for higher internet speeds and you will see a dramatic increase in the performance of your PC when playing games online. Same with upgrading your RAM. And I gotta tell ya' from personal experience, you will NOT regret upgrading these two things. 16GB of RAM also gets rid of any stuttering you may see now. Not to mention, it gives you higher and much more stable fps. The good thing is that upgrading your internet is quick and not as expensive as you may think. I would shoot for at least 40-60 Mbps download and some type of upload speed improvement. Remember that the higher the upload speed, the higher the performance is going to be in online gaming. And I mean a dramatic improvement. That 7 Mbps upload speed you have now just isn't going to cut it. I have around double that which is pretty decent and definitely suffices but I wish mine was higher to maximize performance.

Your hardware is perfectly fine outside of needing just 8GB more of RAM. And your best bet on a budget is to buy 2 brand new 8GB sticks of DDR4 RAM($73.00-$93.00) and sell the 2 sticks that you have right now for a minimum of $40.00 to a maximum of $60.00, depending on the brand.

And remember that the higher the RAM speed you buy, the higher your fps will be. But keep in mind that going with say 2400 and overclocking that to 3000 is a great idea if you want to save a few bucks. However, going with say 3000 and then overclocking that to 3200 is just as good, and obviously just a little better. But either of these will suffice with your current motherboard. I mean, both 2400-3000 speed RAM are under $80.00 right now, probably $85.00 for the better brand. Might as well go with 3000. You'll get half(minimum) that money back when you sell the current RAM in your PC.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Your graphic settings are fine. Your internet has a lot to do with what is going on with your fps in Fortnite. Your ping is higher than ideal and your download/upload speed is much lower than ideal. And the more people in the lobby, the more your fps is going to fluctuate as a result of your internet. This is how it is with everyone but with your internet, your fps is going to fluctuate even more because it is not ideal. In BF1, and a lot of other high demanding titles, 16GB of RAM is recommended. Plus higher internet speeds and lower ping.

The first thing you want to do is pay for higher internet speeds and you will see a dramatic increase in the performance of your PC. Same with upgrading your RAM. And I gotta tell ya' from personal experience, you will NOT regret upgrading these two things. 16GB of RAM also gets rid of any stuttering you may see now. Not to mention, it gives you higher and much more stable fps. The good thing is that upgrading your internet is quick and not as expensive as you may think. I would shoot for at least 40-60 Mbps download and some type of upload speed improvement. Remember that the higher the upload speed, the higher the performance is going to be in online gaming. And I mean a dramatic improvement. That 7 Mbps upload speed you have now just isn't going to cut it. I have around double that which is pretty decent and definitely suffices but I wish mine was higher to maximize performance.

Your hardware is perfectly fine outside of needing just 8GB more of RAM. And your best bet on a budget is to buy 2 brand new 8GB sticks of DDR4 RAM($73.00-$93.00) and sell the 2 sticks that you have right now for a minimum of $40.00 to a maximum of $60.00, depending on the brand.

And remember that the higher the RAM speed you buy, the higher your fps will be. But keep in mind that going with say 2400 and overclocking that to 3000 is a great idea if you want to save a few bucks. However, going with say 3000 and then overclocking that to 3200 is just as good, and obviously just a little better. But either of these will suffice with your current motherboard. I mean, both 2400-3000 speed RAM are under $80.00 right now. Might as well go with 3000.

we Arent actually getting the Speed we pay for. thats why we got a new isp but the old one is going until 5 months. After that we are having 200 mbps and is a 20 ping bad? i think thats ideal actually

8 minutes ago, MaxMVO said:

we Arent actually getting the Speed we pay for. thats why we got a new isp but the old one is going until 5 months. After that we are having 200 mbps and is a 20 ping bad? i think thats ideal actually

I think it has more to do with the fact that only 30% of my cpu and gpu are used. it should be around 80 and i watched some Videos on YouTube it doesnt really Impact the game if i have more ram because it only uses 2gb. That might be an issue too, my shit doenst get used and i dont know why pls help

and with the ram, i am first Looking to get a 144hz monitor, then eventually but i first Need stable 144fps before ist worth buying a 144hz monitor.

13 minutes ago, MaxMVO said:

is a 20 ping bad? i think thats ideal actually

Bad? No, it's not bad. Ideal? No, it's not ideal. And your ping is 24, not 20. That will also fluctuate. 0-5 is the best. 6-10 is excellent. 11-15 is good. 6-16 is ideal.

8 minutes ago, MaxMVO said:

I think it has more to do with the fact that only 30% of my cpu and gpu are used. it should be around 80

In Fortnite? With a Ryzen 5/1070 combo? At those low settings you're on? I think not. Fortnite can be ran on a potato. You want more usage? Bump your graphic settings to ultra. No clue why you'd do that though because then you'll be getting lower fps. You won't see much more CPU usage because Fortnite is not a CPU intensive game. But you'll see more GPU usage for sure.

1 minute ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Bad? No, it's not bad. Ideal? No, it's not ideal. And your ping is 24, not 20. That will also fluctuate. 0-5 is the best. 6-10 is excellent. 11-15 is good. 6-16 is ideal.

In Fortnite? With a Ryzen 5/1070 combo? At those low settings you're on? I think not. Fortnite can be ran on a potato. You want more CPU/GPU usage? Bump your graphic settings to ultra. No clue why you'd do that though because then you'll be getting lower fps.

no, i watched other Videos, and even with graphics up the usage is down. and even on 1080 builds the usage is 70 to 80%. And i have seen other People with that issue. I also have seen that when my fps in fortnite drop, my usage goes down with it in same Moment so it has to do smt with that

Holy, if you can solve this usage issue, i am gonna PayPal you 5$

4 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Bad? No, it's not bad. Ideal? No, it's not ideal. And your ping is 24, not 20. That will also fluctuate. 0-5 is the best. 6-10 is excellent. 11-15 is good. 6-16 is ideal

in fortnite my ping Shows like 1 to 10 and also isnt ping just latency? so it wont affect my fps just the Response time