way too low fps for 1070

Aironas_Sanoria

so here are my specs

Pc Specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4.20Ghz Turbo)
GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming Geforce GTX 1070 8gb 
Motherboard: ASUS P8H61-MX R2.0
RAM: HyperX 16gb 1600Mhz
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Drive + Kingston 240GB SSD
Case: Zalman Z11 Plus 

Other hardware:

Monitor: (1)Acer Predator XB240H 144Hz, (2)Philips 227E(LHA)
Mouse: Sibera Rival 110
Headset: Hyperx Cloud II
Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX-Brown (red backlit)
Microphone: Blue Snowball Ice

im very annoyed atm so im going to make it short... im getting around 30-50 fps in GTAV Online on quite low settings....

if u look at top left u can see my usage and fps.. i dont understand and it INCREDIBLY frustrates me at the fact that im running around 40% cpu and gpu... i really dont understand why as in singleplayer i run completely fine at around 80% usage while getting around 100 fps average on almost max...

image.png.2b8cf5f9e366ed08de7dc3584b9ea5e5.pngimage.png.669e89a45a20a92d9060b6d50dab48f5.png

image.thumb.png.0269c6750ea8026d141192ef2d89e666.png

dont benchmark a machine with online content , you are bound by connection speed , other peoples connection speed , and server speed.

If it works fine in single player then it's a network or server issue.

1 hour ago, Aironas_Sanoria said:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4.20Ghz Turbo)

That 3rd gen i7 is definitely bottlenecking your 1070. And GTA V in general especially in multiplayer can be pretty poorly optimized.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

3 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

That 3rd gen i7 is definitely bottlenecking your 1070. And GTA V in general especially in multiplayer can be pretty poorly optimized.

Normally people will use a i7 4790k to pair it with 1070 or higher. Spooky beat me to it I think your CPU is bottlenecking. Also if you would do me a favor can you show me your Nvidia control panel settings? I want to make sure you are using Maximum Power for the power option just in case.

yea thats the problem ive benched my gpu alot and i play other games completely fine but my cousin is runing a 1060 and a worse cpu and still getting higher and more stable fps

12 hours ago, PacketMan said:

> Reflection quality: high

> Post FX: ultra

> anisotropic filtering: x16

> Texture/shader/shadow quality: high

What about distance scaling? Anyway, what resolution?

GTA V Online is a bit shitty, so if you run the game fine on Offline... I'd lower the settings

this isnt what i usually play on .. this was just a random test to lower my settings and i just kept some stuff i thought might be crucial to my games appearance but either way i tested on lowest settings and max settings and i only get about a 10 fps decrease.. it doesnt make sense to me

12 hours ago, quakeguy81 said:

His CPU isn't THAT bad for a GTX 1070, and it is overclocked.  He needs to run more tests instead of basing performance on one video game.  Try running Heaven benchmark.

yea thats the problem ive benched my gpu alot and i play other games completely fine but my cousin is runing a 1060 and a worse cpu and still getting higher and more stable fps

13 hours ago, Mr Magic Man said:

Normally people will use a i7 4790k to pair it with 1070 or higher. Spooky beat me to it I think your CPU is bottlenecking. Also if you would do me a favor can you show me your Nvidia control panel settings? I want to make sure you are using Maximum Power for the power option just in case.

i have my nvidia settings setup right i think.. have a look.. i just want to add that i am a fps freak and like to get the most fps cause of my 144 hertz monitor 

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

13 hours ago, emosun said:

dont benchmark a machine with online content , you are bound by connection speed , other peoples connection speed , and server speed.

If it works fine in single player then it's a network or server issue.

thats the problem.. this issue is only in online.. i was playing with my cousin in the same lobby he is running a 1060 and a worse cpu ( i think)  and he runs the game just fine.. his internet is also WAY slower and less reliable than mine

13 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

ive had this topic so much times come up in the past 2 months.. i know my cpu is lacking alot and i dont know if i should just get a better motherboard and overclock because  my current mb is very old to the point where it doesnt even support usb 3.0 and definitely not overclocking.. i dont have any money atm so i dont know which is better.. getting a newer gen motherboard with a new cpu or just upgrade my motherboard and overclock

If its the one game I'd just deal with the one game doing it.

It's not the best most ideal engine for getting the expected performance from hardware in a few regards..

Throw the MP randomness into it and I'm not half surprised GTAV does it with that platform..

Slower Memory and the game loves IPC but should still play nice with 8 Threads even slower ones... Hence SP does quite okay,. But MP is likely too demanding in random variations.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Some ideas to improve performance here:

• If his monitor is at 60mhz and yours at 144, yours requires a bit more balls from the system. If his is "worse" but has a much slower refresh rate monitor (as I'm sure is the case), that makes some sense.
  • Benchmark the game outside of online as suggested, and compare. You could easily narrow down your problem.
  • Use an ethernet instead of wireless for gaming. It is a more stable connection that's not cut back by other devices on the network.
  • Turn down settings like:
    • Anti Aliasing
    • Motion Blur
    • AO (Ambient Occlusion)
    • Draw Distance

If it's a hardware issue, this won't necessarily fix your problems. But these are some easy ways to diagnose software or network problems.

On 4/13/2019 at 6:08 AM, Aironas_Sanoria said:

i dont have any money atm so i dont know which is better.. getting a newer gen motherboard with a new cpu or just upgrade my motherboard and overclock

That's understandable, if you don't have the money now and will have to save up your best option is to go for a rebuild maybe with a 9th gen i5 or Ryzen 5 if you have a super tight budget. But you shouldn't waste money on outdated parts like a 3rd gen motherboard that is like throwing carrots at a dead horse, and definitely not worth it, if you do find a decent used motherboard it's more than likely going to be extremely overpriced. You can do a Ryzen 5 2600 (or better wait for 3rd Gen Ryzen which is hopefully coming in the next couple months), 16GB 3000mhz DDR4 Ram, and a decent motherboard for around $360. An i5-9600k, 16GB 3000mhz Ram, and a Z390 Motherboard for around $500. I know it's a lot but a rebuild is the better option, even with a hefty overclock on that 3rd gen it's not going to improve performance much it will help a bit but not as much as you'd think, maybe a couple fps if any.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |