What water cooler should I pick?

Go to solution Solved by Sychic,
2 minutes ago, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

Why shouldn't I go for neither of these?

The first one is a brand that I've never heard of (but idk it could be good) and the other is only a 120mm AIO which is tiny and not worth the price

LC POWER LC-CC-360-LiCo( 115.55 $ ) or CORSAIR Hydro Series H75( 136.86 $ )

Neither; go with a good air cooler like a Dark Rock Pro 4. If you really want a water cooler, go for a 360mm or 280mm AIO from a more reputable brand like Corsair, NZXT, EVGA, or CoolerMaster

Just now, Sychic said:

Neither; go with a good air cooler like a Dark Rock Pro 4. If you really want a water cooler, go for a 360mm or 280mm AIO from a more reputable brand like Corsair, NZXT, EVGA, or CoolerMaster

4 minutes ago, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

@Sychicanswered your question  use a reputable brand like Corsair.  The corsair hydro  though the one you have linked is a 120mm  and that will work but the 240 mm version is better and looks cleaner in most systems.

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-Radiator-Advanced-Lighting-Software/dp/B019954Y2Q/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1DFG1TIT7CZ9L&keywords=corsair+hydro+series+h80i+v2&qid=1555075992&s=gateway&sprefix=corsair+hyd%2Caps%2C176&sr=8-1

The first one is a brand that I've never heard of (but idk it could be good) and the other is only a 120mm AIO which is tiny and not worth the price

1 minute ago, ELSknutson said:

Well I don't want to order and in my local store these 2 are really that caught my eye other ones are super expensive and out of my budget

Just now, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

Well I don't want to order and in my local store these 2 are really that caught my eye other ones are super expensive and out of my budget

Well if thats your only option get the H75 but if they have a good air cooler that will do as well. 

1 minute ago, ELSknutson said:

Well if thats your only option get the H75 but if they have a good air cooler that will do as well. 

because im going to build some cheap budget pc build like i3 8100, asus b360m-a and i will overclock it as max as i can so thats why i need good water cooler

because im going to build some cheap budget pc build like i3 8100, asus b360m-a and i will overclock it as max as i can so thats why i need good water cooler

You can't overclock with a non-K CPU and a B series mobo

well the watercoolers you liknked are not that good and will preform similar to an air cooler thats priced the same or less 

Just now, Sychic said:

You can't overclock with a non-K CPU and a B series mobo

I can I overclocked my old cpu i5 750 from 2.6 ghz to 4.0 and if i could oc that cpu i can oc i3 8100 definently

I can I overclocked my old cpu i5 750 from 2.6 ghz to 4.0 and if i could oc that cpu i can oc i3 8100 definently

I'm not sure about older processors but you can't OC a i3 8100

EDIT: Also the B series chipsets don't support it at all

10 minutes ago, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

No, you cannot overclock an i3-8100.

You need a processor ending in 'K' to overclock, ie i5-8600K, i9-9900K and so on,

Furthermore, you would need a 'Z' series motherboard which fits the processor to overclock. For example Z270 for I7-7700K, or Z390 for i9-9900K.

The i3-8100 is a locked CPU(means you can't OC it) and the B360 motherboard is a locked chipset(means you can't overclock on it)

If you're using an i3-8100, don't get an AIO since it's not worth it. You don't need an AIO to cool a low power CPU like the i3-8100, Just get something like a Cooler Master Hyper 212 which should cool it sufficiently and save some money in the process.

14 hours ago, Crispy_Duck_404 said:

Any custom loops for sub £50?

Maybe but would be better to stick to a air cooler for that price range

16 hours ago, Crispy_Duck_404 said:

Any custom loops for sub £50?

definitely not lol.