Old PC does not give any Video output after cleanup

42thgamer

Hello all

I recently got an old PC from a friend to play around with. I booted it up first and everything was fine. It was already pretty old and it really needed to be cleaned, so I did that.

After the much needed cleanup, I reassembeld it and it did not boot. Here are the thing I have done: (specs for the old PC are below)

First of all I saw that the fans from all parts were spinning (GPU,CPU and PSU). The power LED next to the PCIE slot for the gpu was also blinking as was the HHD indicator on the front of the PC.
I tried to get into the BIOS but coudn't. I then used diffrent cables and ports to try and get a video output, but agian nothing happend. I checked all the cables and connectors multiple times but all were fine. I also checked if the VGA ports etc on my monitor still worked and they did. So this far I didn't knowwhat was causing the problem.

I then put the gpu grom the old computer into my gaming rig. I didn't get a video ouput from it. But when I used the hdmi output form my other gpu. I could see in device manager that there was a problem with the old one, Code: 43. After a bit of research it thought it was most likely a driver issue. So it installed the latest drivers and enable and disabled the device a few times and rebooted my system. But still nothing.

I then put my 1070ti in the old pc and again I couldn't get a video output.

I tested the HDD and I can boot from it but when loading windows xp it givers an error after a little while. But I can acces it when booting with another disk in windows 10.

Any idea what it is? I think I probally broke something on the mobo or the gpu but I would like to be sure. Any suggestions?

I am new to tech so sorry for doing stupid stuff, but it is the way to learn I guess.

Thanks for the help!

Specs old PC:

-Mobo: P5GC-MX from Asus

-RAM: 1 stick 1gb ddr2 and 1 stich 2gb ddr2 UNB PC2-6400 Apacer

-CPU: not sure what the exact model it but it is an Intell pentium dualcore cloecked at 2.4 ghz

-GPU: Geforce 8400GS 512 mb ddr2

-HDD: WD caviar Green 500 gb

Gaming rig:

-Mobo: B350 from gigabyte

-RAM: 1 stick 8gb DDR4 vengance

-CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

-GPU: 1070ti

-SSD: Crucial 500gb

does the cpu in the old pc have integrated graphics, if it does try if you can run it from the integrated graphics

Edited by Srijan Verma
spelling mistake as usual

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

1 minute ago, Srijan Verma said:

does the cpu in the only pc have integrated graphics, if it does try if you can run it from the integrated graphics

Not entirely sure but I don't think so, but I tried doing it anyway but it didn't work.

21 minutes ago, 2019 said:

How did you clean it?

I disassembled it and cleaned it with pressed-air.

17 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

read this through?

Yes, tried most of it.