24" Screen, is a curve a good idea?

Ronath

I need to replace my monitor, its just time, both from it dying and it not being capable of matching my upgraded PC. But due to upgraded PC I don't have a lot of money to spend on it. I've been checking on sales and have seen this 24" curved Acer on Newegg, there's a promo code bringing it down to $150. 

That price sounds good, but I've never used a curved monitor, would it even be worth it on a 24" screen?  

24 minutes ago, Ronath said:

I need to replace my monitor, its just time, both from it dying and it not being capable of matching my upgraded PC. But due to upgraded PC I don't have a lot of money to spend on it. I've been checking on sales and have seen this 24" curved Acer on Newegg, there's a promo code bringing it down to $150. 

That price sounds good, but I've never used a curved monitor, would it even be worth it on a 24" screen?  

I have a 24" curved monitor. I have it next to another 24" non-curved that I used previously as my main. I thought that the curve wouldn't matter or may be intrusive, but I actually like it. You don't notice it, but if you've used a monitor before where the corners feel too far away. The curve fixes that and makes everything easily view-able. For $150 that's a great deal.