Whats your dream build?

GAMINGGUY

I'm pretty sure everyone has thought about what their dream PC would be. Let's say you have an unlimited budget, "put together" what it would be and let me know. And please don't say you would buy a supercomputer from Nasa, let's be real. This would be mine:

Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE

MB: Z390 Aorus Xtreme Waterforce 

CPU: i9 9900k

GPU: Dual MSI RTX 2080Ti Sea Hawk X EK

RAM: 64 Gb DDR4 Trident Z RGB

PSU: 1000 WATT Corsair

Storage Stuff: Lots of HyperX RGB SSD's and a couple of hdd idk

6 Corsair fans of course :)))

Custom EK RGB Waterloop for GPU's, CPU, and RAM.

I'm pretty lucky to already have my dream PC

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, GAMINGGUY said:

MB: Z390 Aorus Xtreme Waterforce 

CPU: i9 9980xe

That sad moment when your dream build already start bricked.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

I'm pretty lucky to already have my dream PC

Wow ok spoiled much

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

That sad moment when your dream build already start bricked.

I MEANT 9900K!

Just now, GAMINGGUY said:

I MEANT 9900K!

I WAS THINKING ABOUT STUFF AND I GOT CONFUSED AND TYPED THAT

1 minute ago, GAMINGGUY said:

Wow ok spoiled much

Not spoiled, I work

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Not spoiled, I work

Still...

Still...

Comes with being an enthusiast, I had very very humble beginnings (2009 iMac), but as this became a more central hobby, I put more money to it. It's like when a car guy gets a really nice car.

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

Comes with being an enthusiast, I had very very humble beginnings (2009 iMac), but as this became a more central hobby, I put more money to it. It's like when a car guy gets a really nice car.

My PC I have now is very high end but the PSU and case are absolute crap and need to be burnt in a nuclear waste plant.

My PC I have now is very high end but the PSU and case are absolute crap and need to be burnt in a nuclear waste plant.

Yeah I personally feel like a crucial part of the dream build process is the slow replacement of parts that need phasing out.

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

Yeah I personally feel like a crucial part of the dream build process is the slow replacement of parts that need phasing out.

I'm thinking about just selling parts out of my PC and saving up to build what I mentioned above. What do you think about that? Is it a good idea?

I'm thinking about just selling parts out of my PC and saving up to build what I mentioned above. What do you think about that? Is it a good idea?

well... it's hella overkill for gaming, i would balance it to something cheaper personally

The build you outlined above is pretty hardcore, but as cool as the bragging rights of an i9 and a 2080ti are, if your current rig is suitable, there's always new Ryzen to wait for. Don't forget, there's the possibility of i9 performance but twice the cores, and then Navi GPUs coming in with who knows what, your dreams may yet adjust.

Primary PC:

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

well... it's hella overkill for gaming, i would balance it to something cheaper personally

It wouldn't just be for gaming. I do videography and photography along with CAD. 

It wouldn't just be for gaming. I do videography and photography along with CAD. 

then still, if you aren't doing serious work, i would do it differently

The build you outlined above is pretty hardcore, but as cool as the bragging rights of an i9 and a 2080ti are, if your current rig is suitable, there's always new Ryzen to wait for. Don't forget, there's the possibility of i9 performance but twice the cores, and then Navi GPUs coming in with who knows what, your dreams may yet adjust.

I haven't heard of Navi gpu's. And I have never liked AMD either way. And if you think about it there is always going to be improved components, so when is the right time to put together your dream build?

then still, if you aren't doing serious work, i would do it differently

What would you consider serious work?

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Is you ignant?

you are rarted

What would you consider serious work?

as a daily job, every second you can save with rendering is worth it

that kind

as a daily job, every second you can save with rendering is worth it

that kind

I see, I also kinda want to build it just to flex on my friend... is that bad?

This is one drunken thread if I have ever seen one. I just wish I had a stronger CPU for my MMORPGs, the rest is pretty nice. It would of course be nice to be a millionaire, but I'm quite happy with what I have right now. This is really overdone topic in general.

12 minutes ago, GAMINGGUY said:

I haven't heard of Navi gpu's. And I have never liked AMD either way. And if you think about it there is always going to be improved components, so when is the right time to put together your dream build?

The best time to do a dream build is usually not this soon before a new CPU launch, and also competition from AMD would drive prices down across the board, as usual.

Why don't you like AMD? FX was really them at their worst, and they used to be an industry leader. If Intel sees more shortages, it may well be that way again.

Primary PC:

18 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

The best time to do a dream build is usually not this soon before a new CPU launch, and also competition from AMD would drive prices down across the board, as usual.

Why don't you like AMD? FX was really them at their worst, and they used to be an industry leader. If Intel sees more shortages, it may well be that way again.

I'm not sure, I guess it's an unsupported grudge for no reason. So your saying I should wait for GPU prices to drop?