Hoo Boy OBS with Ryzen 3 2200G IGPU Issues

So I've recently been wanting to start making videos as a hobby (I won't bore you with channel details). A while back I installed OBS and set some lower-end settings for encoding and whatnot, just to be safe. But I had an issue with trying to use the H264 format. I've been stuck with H265, which isn't supported by my preferred video editor. Or I'm using x264, which is extremely inefficient in my current build. I've been able to record with H265 and play it on VLC. I have a Ryzen 3 with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics. Anytime I try to use H264 encoding I get this error:

IMAGEFORERROR.PNG.2e717219bd47fc41cfd1594409c8f099.PNG

I have updated my drivers, resulting in a trip to safe mode and a nice bootup of DDU. These are my current settings:

ooooo.PNG.f0b06c451d3144a1893b3daa0f978d7f.PNG

Rescale Output is 1280x720 and I have no custom muxer settings.

What can I do to make OBS record with H264

How much RAM have you allocated for iGPU?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

How much RAM have you allocated for iGPU?

I have 8 GB of DDR4 total, and in task manager, I have 6.9 that's useable. Some mega math is being done and that's 1.1 GB of ram that's hardware reserved. Is this an issue that can't be resolved until I get more?

This confuses me because I had a laptop before this with only 4GB of DDR3, and an i3 with HD 5500 IGPU. It ran with h264 pretty well for those standards.

8 hours ago, benyboi said:

I have 8 GB of DDR4 total, and in task manager, I have 6.9 that's useable. Some mega math is being done and that's 1.1 GB of ram that's hardware reserved. Is this an issue that can't be resolved until I get more?

This confuses me because I had a laptop before this with only 4GB of DDR3, and an i3 with HD 5500 IGPU. It ran with h264 pretty well for those standards.

I think you should see how much actually is set for iGPU to use. Default is 1gb. I'm not sure if there's some limitation with Ryzen iGPUs, but you can give that little boost regardless.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

H265 is a more efficient algorithm.

Spoiler

Did you install your video drivers for the Vega graphics?
AMD ReLive is pretty good if you can't get OBS to work:

Spoiler

INB4 channel plug

I don't think H265 has anything to do with the video playback. When you set it to the H265 recording setting, is it still set to record as an MP4 or other supported file format?

What video editor are you using? When I used Lightworks I learned there were like 5 different types of .mp3 file as it only supported certain ones. (I just used audacity to convert audio files to .wav to save time trying to figure out if audio files were the right kind of mp3.)

Finally, I'd say bump up your bitrate to 10.000 or 20.000. When I recorded videos with OBS, it would look like hot garbage around that low bitrate at 1920x1080 (or 720p I forget what I tried/used.)

This video is also pretty good on configuring OBS:

Spoiler