Recommendation for ATX case with one slot for optical drive

Pomchip

Hi

I wanted to buy a be quiet 601 case for a new build until I realized that it has no slot for an optical drive (I have one from my old computer which I want/need to re-use).

I would appreciate any recommendation for a professional-looking case (no window, no RBG) that provide a reasonable compromise between silence, air flow, and good cable management?

Thanks

PS: I already have a PSU

Just now, Sychic said:

Here's a whole list of them. Courtesy of PCPP

Thanks... I got the same listing when I did the search earlier

Any particular recommendations within the proposed cases?

1 minute ago, Pomchip said:

If you want to stick with be quiet! you could go for the be quiet! pure base 600.

43 minutes ago, Pomchip said:

Fractal Design Define R6. You keep a lot of the good Silence features of the be quiet! cases with decent airflow, and have a door to keep a clean front panel (Plus the door swing direction is switchable) You can get it in solid panel, TG, four different color options and with a USB-C 3.1 gen 2 option front panel all depending on your preference.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Thanks

Fractal Design Define R6 seems to have good review all around. Not cheap, though :D

24 minutes ago, Pomchip said:

Thanks

Fractal Design Define R6 seems to have good review all around. Not cheap, though :D

You can usually find the Black TG version (without USB-C) for around $105-120 (PCPartPicker's linkk for Newegg is broken so I provided the product link directly from the site)

(The difference between black and blackout is that black comes with white accents on the PCI-E cover slots, fans and hard drive bays. The Blackout is all black everywhere)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352078&Description=define r6&cm_re=define_r6-_-11-352-078-_-Product

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352076&Description=define r6&cm_re=define_r6-_-11-352-076-_-Product

The USB-C version is $150

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352090&Description=define r6&cm_re=define_r6-_-11-352-090-_-Product

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I opted for the Fractal Design R6 case in USB-C version of the case because it was reported to have better thermal performance than the be quiet 600 case and I could not a cheaper version without a side window.

Thanks @TVwazhere and @Sychic for your input