Time to upgrade the HAF X? [SOLVED]

Razza12003
Go to solution Solved by LukeSavenije,
8 minutes ago, Razza12003 said:

I honestly think you might be spot on with the H500, somehow didn't realise before that it comes with mesh and plastic option. Gets really good reviews too.

I had been looking at the H500P Mesh but didn't like it in the white variant, this is much nicer. Is there that much of a massive difference between this base H500 and the H500M to warrant the 'm' being almost twice the price? 

i mean, as always is our case god @TVwazhere spot on

So I am looking at building a new system (post about that in appropriate forum) 
But it's going to be an i5 9600k / RTX 2080 build.

I currently have a HAF X which I purchased about 6-7 years ago. Its excellent, great airflow etc.... as everyone already knows.

It is however, showing its age and the filters are all clogged up now, with cleaning not being the easiest and I have lost a few fixtures and fittings.

So anyway, I am looking at a new case, I want something with still good airflow, admittedily not sure I'll get something on par with the HAF X,

as I am pretty sure I would like a glass panel on the sides which means I'll lose the massive side fan. I also don't want to go RGB mad but I would like some, I am getting a RGB cpu cooler,

so a couple included RGB case fans would be nice. 

Other than that, I would like a front IO with atleast a couple USB 3.0/.1 ports and a fan / rgb control button if possible and good cable management.

Will take any suggestions at all (dont mind if its full or mid, I'm used to the HUGE HAF X)

hm... i feel like you would be a person for the h500 (cooler master) with the use of the included mesh front panel

but there's so much around that you can use, you have the meshify c/s2, the mb511 rgb, focus g and so many more

look around, and report what you can find. then i or our casegod can take a look into it

i too had a haf x932 the meshfy c is a tiny ass case i had to return it and i ebded up with the nzxt 700 and wow what a great looking rig i own!!

6 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

hm... i feel like you would be a person for the h500 (cooler master) with the use of the included mesh front panel

but there's so much around that you can use, you have the meshify c/s2, the mb511 rgb, focus g and so many more

look around, and report what you can find. then i or our casegod can take a look into it

I honestly think you might be spot on with the H500, somehow didn't realise before that it comes with mesh and plastic option. Gets really good reviews too.

I had been looking at the H500P Mesh but didn't like it in the white variant, this is much nicer. Is there that much of a massive difference between this base H500 and the H500M to warrant the 'm' being almost twice the price? 

4 minutes ago, Razza12003 said:

Is there that much of a massive difference between this base H500 and the H500M to warrant the 'm' being almost twice the price? 

The differences are mostly aesthetic. A notable difference is the top panel can hold up to a 280 or 360mm rad on the H500P/H500M variants, whereas the H500 can only hold a 240 rad. The H500M also comes with USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C as well as ARGB fans. Other than that, it's mostly panel design changes, a bigger PSU shroud, and maybe a TG mounting method change. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 minutes ago, Razza12003 said:

i mean, as always is our case god @TVwazhere spot on

17 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The differences are mostly aesthetic. A notable difference is the top panel can hold up to a 280 or 360mm rad on the H500P/H500M variants, whereas the H500 can only hold a 240 rad. The H500M also comes with USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C as well as ARGB fans. Other than that, it's mostly panel design changes, a bigger PSU shroud, and maybe a TG mounting method change. 

Thanks for the detailed response. I think for myself then the cheaper 'h500' model would work just fine. I think this is what I will end up purchasing.

Thanks also @LukeSavenije

Just now, Razza12003 said:

Thanks for the detailed response. I think for myself then the cheaper 'h500' model would work just fine. I think this is what I will end up purchasing.

Thanks also @LukeSavenije

no problem. don't forget to mark it solved tho

There are not many cases that are cool as a HAF X.  Another good thing about it is its width.  

If I was upgrading now I would get a H500 Mesh. It is cool and wide.

If you liquid cool or don't need the width for a second fan on a Noctua NH-D15 or any other tall addon a SilverStone RL06BR-GP is a good choice.  The build quality puts CoolerMaster to shame.  

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

Cooler master just released the Q500L small full-sized ATX mobo case. Ordered me one to replace my HAF 932 Advanced.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips

The 932 Advanced is just massive for my needs. I can't get it up off the ground as it takes up too much space, so it sits on the ground and collects massive amounts of dust with all the airflow I've got going through it.

Not to mention it was released when MFG.'s didn't include dust filters so to even get a full set of filters on all fans it'd cost me ~$60-70 when I could just get a new case with filters pre-installed like the Q500L.

With the Q500L I'll be able to put my PC on the desk finally. Which was the end goal.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips