Is Microsoft… the Good Guy? - Xbox Adaptive Controller

James

I think this is a step in the right direction for Microsoft.. I just don't see how it would be very operable with all of those buttons for other games like FPS's, it's still a very good step in the right direction, allowing everyone of every skill level to play videogames.

If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

18 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Microsoft is the good guy if this is being made/sold at a loss, but where there's profit, there's a grey area.

Not really. Even if there's a profit, opportunity cost is still a thing.

1 hour ago, GabeThePCHelper said:

I think this is a step in the right direction for Microsoft.. I just don't see how it would be very operable with all of those buttons for other games like FPS's, it's still a very good step in the right direction, allowing everyone of every skill level to play videogames.

Unless they're giving them away to the disabled/handicapped then no, they're not good guys.

As Linus said, ~$200 USD and he didn't even have half the controls mapped. Greedy Microsoft. Shame shame.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips

9 minutes ago, fluxdeity said:

Unless they're giving them away to the disabled/handicapped then no, they're not good guys.

As Linus said, ~$200 USD and he didn't even have half the controls mapped. Greedy Microsoft. Shame shame.

It's 100 USD, not 200. Those 60 dollar switches are by a separate company. It uses headphone(phone) jacks and works just like a normal switch. The analog ones even work with variable resistors or potentiometers.

27 minutes ago, comander said:

Net of financing costs, development costs, etc. I don't think this is being sold at a profit. 
The only justifications I can see for this are:

I'm not sure if there's any way of knowing the margins for this product but it's far simpler than a standard controller so at least the costs are likely to be lower for mass production. If Microsoft does net a loss and just did it to help handicapped gamers then credit where credit is due, but those details are likely to come to light later.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

On 4/8/2019 at 11:30 AM, James said:

Buy Xbox Adaptive Controller on Amazon: https://geni.us/aHrx

The Xbox Adaptive Controller is an accessibility-focused interface that lets people of all ability levels enjoy gaming on the Xbox One.

Taran could totally use all 20 of those headphone jacks and USB ports* to beef-up his already "infinite" macro shortcuts (it starts where he shows his whole setup):

*to mount 2 more Elgato Macro Pads on his desk (in addition to Adaptive Controller buttons) plus ergonomic buttons all over his chair, under his desk, between his thighs, or even to his head ?