Im confused on something....

Today in my spare time, I started to send big folders to my other drive from my main drive and then deleted said folders, I am now noticing that im actually increasing/decreasing the space used/not used on my main drive, almost like im just making a duplicate on the same drive, any idea whats going on here?

No idea what you're talking about. ?

When's Lunch?

24 minutes ago, Boarder said:

No idea what you're talking about. ?

Im trying to clean up space in my main drive, it is getting a little cluttered, but for some reason its amount of GB is not going down after sending the folders to another drive and deleting them on my main drive. I originally cloned my main drive from a 6 year old hard drive to an SSD, now im trying to clean up the drive, like moving all the game folders that are taking up like 50GB, to the bigger drive. But the GB isnt going down after being deleted.

You either have something writing to fill that space(updates, logs, syncs, etc.) or it just hasn’t updated yet. Drives can sometimes behave strangely when full. I’ve seen both scenarios in the real world.

45 minutes ago, Thorinox said:

Im trying to clean up space in my main drive, it is getting a little cluttered, but for some reason its amount of GB is not going down after sending the folders to another drive and deleting them on my main drive. I originally cloned my main drive from a 6 year old hard drive to an SSD, now im trying to clean up the drive, like moving all the game folders that are taking up like 50GB, to the bigger drive. But the GB isnt going down after being deleted.

I hate to ask, but you did empty the recycling bin, yes?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I hate to ask, but you did empty the recycling bin, yes?

Its on auto delete, but yeah, don't worry, iv had to ask that before.

Not sure if this still applies, but do you use Norton Antivirus? Back in the olden days I once ran into the same issue where I wanted to clear space on my HDD, but deleting files did not result in free space. As it turned out, the deleted files were sent to a "Norton Protected Files" folder which had to be emptied separately from my recycle bin.

16 hours ago, EldritchMoose said:

Not sure if this still applies, but do you use Norton Antivirus? Back in the olden days I once ran into the same issue where I wanted to clear space on my HDD, but deleting files did not result in free space. As it turned out, the deleted files were sent to a "Norton Protected Files" folder which had to be emptied separately from my recycle bin.

Oh no, I havent used Nortons in like 15 years. ill never use that again, I remember when it came with my first laptop, I ran it to see if it was working right, and it said I had viruses on a brand new laptop that wasnt connected to the net yet.