Program that shuts down my pc after i havent been there a while!

im donloading a lot of big games on a frequent basis but my internet is not so good and i had to let my pc stay on when i slept and that is no good when the downmload would have been fin ished 2 hours after i fell aslep! in the system if i put  the computer after 1 hour in energysafemode it doesnt shut down properly! is thate a programm that can shut down my pc after some time of inactivity?

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

Rather than a third party app, I would set up a task schedule inside Windows to shut the PC down at a specific time instead. 

https://windowsreport.com/schedule-automatic-shutdown-windows-10/ 

If you want more control over the shutdown, you could also bind the task to a hotkey (advanced settings) to only enable the task when the key is pressed - rather than the PC shutting down in the middle of a late-night gaming session (for example). 

If you know how long you want your computer on for, you can hit the windows key + r key to open the Run prompt, and then put in "shutdown /s /t 300" but replace 300 with the time, in seconds, that you want your computer to shut down from now.

And then if you want to cancel that, do the windows key + r key, and put in "shutdown /a" and it will abort the shutdown.

If you try that method out and like it, I can help you make a shortcut to it so you can start it like you would anything else on your computer.

Almost all software for download big files has option to shut down computer when finish.

On 4/5/2019 at 5:26 PM, homeap5 said:

Almost all software for download big files has option to shut down computer when finish. 

yea but is there a specific programm that shuts down my computer at idle?

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

1 hour ago, Bayonett Priest said:

yea but is there a specific programm that shuts down my computer at idle?

Sure, I found few when I typed "shutdown on idle freeware" in Google.

Here you go friend ?
Edit: Guess I didn't notice I could upload the file before. So I attached it. There's a link to the code in case you wanna do it yourself or something.

Timed Shutdown.bat

Just save it's name as "Timed Shutdown.bat"

So paste it into notepad, click File -> Save As -> put "Timed Shutdown.bat" in the file name field -> Save Type As: All Files (*.*) -> Save

And Voila!
https://textuploader.com/15eau

Edited by McRo
Attached file & clearified text